Why can't I register on my iPad?

• Thread starter Gallin
  • Start date
In summary, a new user encountered difficulty registering on the forum using their iPad due to a potential hacker/spammer attack. They also noted that the iPad does not correctly display the forum and suggested it is an issue with Apple.
Gallin
I am new to these forums so if this is in the wrong section please correct me and point me to the correct one.

I was recently trying to register on here and I didn't have my computer and just had my iPad and was unable to register. Every time I tried it said I had answered the question wrong. I checked the registration page and could not find any question. I assume this is a mistake and just wanted to bring this to your (people who could fix it) attention.

Physics news on Phys.org
I can be completely wrong, as I don't know how Greg did it, but there was a moment few days ago when the forum was under hacker/spammer attack and registrations were blocked. Could be you were just unlucky to try at that particular time.

I don't think that is the problem. I registered on my computer yesterday right after I tried on my iPad again.

The ipad does not correctly display this forum (PF), and many others.

It is an Apple (TM) fault they really ought to fix.

1. Why am I unable to register on my iPad?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to register on your iPad. It could be due to a technical issue with the device, an outdated operating system, or a problem with the registration process itself. It is recommended to check for any software updates and try again, or contact the support team for further assistance.

2. Is there a specific app or website that I need to use for registration on my iPad?

It depends on what you are trying to register for. Some websites or apps may have a dedicated registration portal for iPad users, while others may have a universal registration process that can be accessed on any device. Make sure to check the instructions or contact the organization for clarification.

3. Can I register for multiple accounts on my iPad?

Yes, you should be able to register for multiple accounts on your iPad. However, some websites or apps may have a limit on the number of accounts that can be registered from one device. It is best to check with the organization or use a different device if you encounter any issues.

4. I am using the correct information, but I still can't register on my iPad. What should I do?

If you have double-checked all the information and are still unable to register on your iPad, it could be due to a technical issue or a problem with the registration process. Try restarting your device and trying again, or contact the support team for further assistance.

5. How can I ensure the security of my registration information on my iPad?

To ensure the security of your registration information on your iPad, make sure to use a strong and unique password, avoid using public networks for registration, and always log out of your account after registration. It is also recommended to regularly update your device and use security features such as two-factor authentication when available.