Register to reply

Need help finding exact time of planet aspects with Jean Meeus library

by orbit123
Tags: aspects, exact, jean, planet, time
Share this thread:
orbit123
Jul11-14, 09:50 AM
P: 1
I am using the C library that comes with the book Astronomical Algorithms by Jean Meeus http://www.willbell.com/math/mc1.htm

This book and C library has a calculation for two planets Conjunction and Opposition but no other planet aspects. Does anyone know a method to find when two planets are a fixed degree apart such as 90 degrees, 120 degrees or any other degree?

The problem I have run into is that geocentric planets move through a retrograde and direct cycle. As an outer planet approaches the transition from retrograde to direct it is almost stationary at which time I can not calculate any accurate degree of separation. So I need a proven method to calculate the date-time of exact angular separate even when two planets are almost stationary.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Patrick
Phys.Org News Partner Astronomy news on Phys.org
Young binary star system may form planets with weird and wild orbits
Evidence of a local hot bubble carved by a supernova
Astronomers measure weight of galaxies, expansion of universe
Greg Bernhardt
Jul14-14, 11:41 PM
Admin
P: 9,334
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?
.Scott
Jul15-14, 04:18 PM
P: 540
I think you're looking for a "Fundamental Solar System ephemeris".
I have never used such a thing, but there seems to be something useful at this site: http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/

Register to reply