Recomendations on cheap but good 5.1 Surround sound home theater sytem

• Thread starter RetardedBastard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Home Sound
In summary, some of the best brands for a cheap but good 5.1 surround sound home theater system include Vizio, Sony, LG, and Samsung. The price for such a system can range from $200 to $500, depending on the brand and features. When looking for a system, consider the number of speakers, device compatibility, and sound quality, as well as additional features like Bluetooth and wireless options. Popular and highly recommended models include Vizio SB3651-E6, Sony BDV-E2100, LG LHB655, and Samsung HT-J5500W. While it is possible to set up the system yourself, you can also hire a technician for professional installation.
RetardedBastard
Anyone have any listening experience with under $100 home-theater-in-a-box type systems that sound good that can be found at retail stores or possibly online (with cheap delivery fees). And how about that cheap "Durabrand" HTiB found at Walmart. Anyone ever listened to one of these?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I would be very suspect to the quality of a sound system under $100. Unless your in a college dorm and want something temp.

Logitech sells decent speakers at walmart for around 60 dollars or so that has the adapter to be used as surround sound. It's pretty loud, and sounds very good

1. What are the best brands for a cheap but good 5.1 surround sound home theater system?

Some of the best brands for a cheap but good 5.1 surround sound home theater system include Vizio, Sony, LG, and Samsung. These brands offer a combination of affordable prices and good quality sound.

2. How much should I expect to spend on a cheap but good 5.1 surround sound home theater system?

The price for a cheap but good 5.1 surround sound home theater system can vary, but on average, you can expect to spend anywhere from $200 to $500. Keep in mind that prices may also depend on the brand and features of the system.

3. What features should I look for in a cheap but good 5.1 surround sound home theater system?

When looking for a cheap but good 5.1 surround sound home theater system, some important features to consider include the number of speakers, compatibility with your devices, and sound quality. You may also want to look for additional features such as Bluetooth connectivity or wireless options.

4. Are there any specific models that are highly recommended for a cheap but good 5.1 surround sound home theater system?

Some popular models that are highly recommended for a cheap but good 5.1 surround sound home theater system include the Vizio SB3651-E6, Sony BDV-E2100, LG LHB655, and Samsung HT-J5500W. It's always a good idea to read reviews and compare different models to find the best fit for your needs.

5. Can I set up a cheap but good 5.1 surround sound home theater system myself?

Yes, most 5.1 surround sound home theater systems come with easy-to-follow instructions, and with some basic knowledge of audio systems, you should be able to set it up yourself. However, if you're not comfortable with technology or want a professional installation, you can always hire a technician to set it up for you.