Charge Density: Understanding Its Relationship to Charge & Mass

In summary, the forum guidelines state that users are expected to make an effort to answer their own questions and provide their own thoughts, reasoning, and sources. The forum is meant to help those who are confused, but it is not meant to do their work for them. Asking a question and giving the answer without any effort put in is not allowed. Users can look at other threads for help and guidance, but they must also use the provided template and show their own efforts to find the answer. It is recommended to use Google for simple questions. In rare cases, people may answer questions without any work done, but this is against forum guidelines.
hamza
Could someone please answer the folloing questions.
1- What do we mean by charge density and what is its relationships with the charge and mass of a particle.??

Physics news on Phys.org
What do YOU think, and why?

What sources of information have you considered and so on..

See my other post to you for information about how this forum works.

Mr Malawi glenn. can i ask u a question.. if this forums not here for helping people they are confused about than what is its use than.. I mean it is'nt worth it if it's not meant to help people. Take it this way.. If i already knew the answers than why the hell did i need to come and post at this forum.. I'm really shocked at ur attitude. I ask the question and i give the answer.. huh.. is this kind of a joke..

Have you never come into contact with a teacher before? Any good teacher will require you to make an effort to answer your own questions. That is what we require here. We don't do peoples' homework for them - you won't learn that way.

hamza said:
Mr Malawi glenn. can i ask u a question.. if this forums not here for helping people they are confused about than what is its use than.. I mean it is'nt worth it if it's not meant to help people. Take it this way.. If i already knew the answers than why the hell did i need to come and post at this forum.. I'm really shocked at ur attitude. I ask the question and i give the answer.. huh.. is this kind of a joke..

1. read forum guidelines once more.

2. I can't see your answer on the question.

3. many many people get help here, just have a look at the other threads. And those peaple USES the template.

We do not require you to have the answer, but in order to help you we must know about your own thougts, reasoning, and sources considered and so on. What relations you are aware of etc, so that we can help you in the direction. If you just want the aswer on question like this one, then google it.

Only in rare cases people answer questions even though there is no work done or attempt of solution is posted, but that is also wrong and agaist the forum guidelines.

Last edited:

1. What is charge density?

Charge density refers to the amount of electric charge per unit volume in a given material or space. It is typically represented by the symbol ρ and is measured in units of coulombs per cubic meter (C/m3).

2. How is charge density related to charge?

Charge density is directly proportional to the total amount of charge in a given space. This means that as the amount of charge increases, the charge density also increases, and vice versa.

3. What is the relationship between charge density and mass?

Charge density and mass are inversely related. This means that as the mass of a material or object increases, the charge density decreases, and vice versa. This relationship is described by the equation ρ = Q/m, where ρ is charge density, Q is the total charge, and m is the mass.

4. How is charge density measured?

Charge density is typically measured using a device called an electrometer, which can detect and measure electric charges. It can also be calculated by dividing the total charge by the volume of the material or space.

5. What are some practical applications of understanding charge density?

Understanding charge density is important in many areas of science and technology. It is used in the design and analysis of electrical circuits, in the study of material properties, and in the development of new technologies such as batteries and supercapacitors. It is also crucial in fields such as electrochemistry, where charge density plays a role in chemical reactions and energy storage.