Discover the Haunting Beauty of Chernobyl on a Biker-Chick's Photo Tour

• Thread starter LURCH
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chernobyl
In summary, the conversation discusses a biker's journey through the radioactive lands near a reactor, with a focus on the social and governmental reactions to the disaster rather than the radiation itself. There is also a suggestion to create a documentary on Chernobyl and the potential for news agencies to cover the biker's story.
LURCH
Science Advisor
Thought some might find this article interesting. It is a biker-chick's ride through the radioactive lands around the reactor.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, I should have linked to this sweet and affecting photo essay myself. Note the subtext: It wasn't the radiation so much as the social and governmental reaction to it that produced the wasteland she shows us.

Eerie, eerie pictures - she really should write an article and publish it.

Hi All,

Actually i submitted her site to Headline News (CNN) environmental section by email. Since recently the 3 mile island anniversary passed us here in the US. I would love to see a professional grade documentary based on "Chernoblyl" 20 plus years later. (perhaps even using material from this biker in Russia who's father is a Nuclear Physicist doing research in that region for the government)

Recently i saw a national geographic special on "3 Mile Island". That reactor was 30 minutes away from the China Syndrome aka Meltdown. Meaning the nuclear core reaching 4k to 5k faherheit melting through it's concrete bunker due to lack of heavy water. Then the nuclear core going into the ground about a half a mile and causing a mini-earthquake spewing it's fall out into the air and region around it.

Perhaps those of us interested in this, can submit that bikers link to news agencies asking them to cover her story or the story 20 yrs after now.

Last edited:

1. What is the purpose of the "Discover the Haunting Beauty of Chernobyl on a Biker-Chick's Photo Tour"?

The purpose of this tour is to provide a unique and thrilling experience for individuals interested in exploring the history and beauty of Chernobyl through the lens of photography.

2. Is it safe to visit Chernobyl on a biker tour?

Yes, it is safe to visit Chernobyl on a biker tour as long as you follow the safety guidelines provided by the tour company and wear appropriate protective gear. The radiation levels have significantly decreased since the accident in 1986 and the area is now closely monitored by authorities.

3. What can I expect to see on the tour?

You can expect to see the abandoned city of Pripyat, the infamous Reactor 4, as well as other areas of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. You will also have the opportunity to capture unique and haunting photographs of these locations.

4. Do I need to have photography experience to join the tour?

No, you do not need to have photography experience to join the tour. The tour is open to all levels of photographers and the experienced tour guides can provide tips and guidance on capturing the best photos.

5. Are there any age restrictions for the tour?

Yes, there is a minimum age requirement of 18 years old to join the tour. This is due to the potential hazards and safety precautions that must be taken while exploring the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.