Would it be worth it to get a dual Associates in Math and Computer Science?

In summary, the person is considering whether to pursue a dual associates degree or just an ASCS before later earning a bachelor's degree in either computer science or mathematics. It is recommended to do both majors for an associates degree to better prepare for a future bachelor's degree.
Disowned
How much of a boost would that give me on my resume?

Physics news on Phys.org
Why don't you go for a full bachelors instead?

I plan on doing that. However, that's not possible in a junior college. SO, for the time being I was wonder should I go for the dual associates or just leave with the ASCS and go for the BSCS alone without the ASM attached?

Do both majors for associates degree. If you plan to later earn a bachelor of arts/science in either computer science or mathematics or both at an undergraduate college, then you will need about the equivalent of an associates degree in Math (if your major becomes computer science); or the background in computer science will help you (if your major becomes Mathematics).

1. Is it necessary to have both a Math and Computer Science degree?

No, it is not necessary to have both degrees. However, having a dual Associates in Math and Computer Science can make you a well-rounded candidate for certain job positions and can open up more opportunities for you in the future.

2. What career paths can I pursue with a dual Associates in Math and Computer Science?

There are various career paths you can pursue with this dual degree, such as data analyst, software developer, computer systems analyst, and actuary. These fields require a strong understanding of both math and computer science, making this degree combination valuable.

3. How long will it take to complete a dual Associates in Math and Computer Science?

The duration of this degree program can vary depending on the school and your course load. On average, it can take 2-3 years to complete a dual Associates in Math and Computer Science. However, some schools may offer accelerated programs or allow you to transfer credits, which can shorten the duration.

4. What skills will I gain from a dual Associates in Math and Computer Science?

Some of the key skills you will gain from this degree include problem-solving, critical thinking, data analysis, programming, and mathematical modeling. These skills are highly sought after in various industries and can be applied to a wide range of roles.

5. Is a dual Associates in Math and Computer Science a good foundation for a Bachelor's degree?

Yes, this degree combination can serve as an excellent foundation for pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as computer science, mathematics, or data science. It can also provide you with a strong base of knowledge if you decide to pursue a higher degree in a different field.