Data Transmission: Constructing Digital Circuits & Clock Pulses

In summary, Bob needs to send a clock pulse stream that is continuous and has a parity bit at the end to make sure the data is sent correctly. He also needs to send enough clock cycles to allow the receiver to synchronize its clock to the sending clock.
ws0619
Hi!
I would like to construct a digital circuit as like how computer transmit data.

My problem is how can I make start bit and stop bit for my 7 bits data?and how can the receiver knows that that is start bit and not the data?(I confuse at this part)

While sending data, how can I scrambling the data?And actually does this scrambling process important in sending data?

To make the sending data clear, I want to increase the clock pulse between the data during sending.How can I do it?

Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
I have used the Manchester (NRZ) code in the past. This Wiki mentions the code, but some
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-clocking_signal
more elaboration is required. Before the data is sent, a sufficient number of clock cycles must be sent to permit the receiver time to synchronize its clock to the sending clock. Usually, the clock pulse stream is continuous. Second, you need a parity bit at the end, not only as a parity check, but also to make sure that the total number of transitions in the data stream is always even (or odd).
Bob S

Bob S said:
I have used the Manchester (NRZ) code in the past. This Wiki mentions the code, but some
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-clocking_signal
more elaboration is required. Before the data is sent, a sufficient number of clock cycles must be sent to permit the receiver time to synchronize its clock to the sending clock. Usually, the clock pulse stream is continuous. Second, you need a parity bit at the end, not only as a parity check, but also to make sure that the total number of transitions in the data stream is always even (or odd).
Bob S

And here is a wiki article to give you some reading to do...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_transmission

What is data transmission?

Data transmission refers to the process of transferring digital data from one location to another. It involves the use of electronic circuits and clock pulses to encode and decode the data, allowing for communication between devices.

What are digital circuits?

Digital circuits are electronic circuits that use digital signals, which are discrete values of 0 and 1, to process and transmit data. They consist of interconnected logic gates that perform various operations on the data, such as AND, OR, and NOT.

How are digital circuits constructed?

Digital circuits are constructed using electronic components, such as transistors, resistors, and capacitors, which are arranged in specific patterns on a circuit board. These components are connected together to form logic gates, which are then combined to create more complex circuits.

What role do clock pulses play in data transmission?

Clock pulses are periodic signals that control the timing of data transmission in digital circuits. They synchronize the operations of the circuits, ensuring that data is transmitted and received accurately and at the correct speed.

What factors affect the speed and reliability of data transmission?

The speed and reliability of data transmission can be affected by various factors, such as the quality of the electronic components used, the design of the circuit, external interference, and the distance between the transmitting and receiving devices. Additionally, the clock pulse frequency and the number of logic gates in the circuit can also impact data transmission.