Force Vibration Music Instrument: Increase Vibration w/out Electricity

In summary, the person is trying to increase the vibration of their acoustic guitar without using electricity. They suggest using air pressure to do so.
pegamoide1234
I am working on a forced vib project involving a musical instruments

I am trying to have the vibration of my classical acoustic guitar increase, however NO ELECTRICITY CAN BE INVOLVED, and also trying to make the vibration of a piece of tightly folded aluminum that is attached to my guitar to vibrate more.

Trying to get my guitar to vibrate this "folded/tightly twisted aluminum foil cord" as much as possible. Chose al because it is relatively cheap disposable and easy to find, and transmits sound very well.

The CORD is not touching anything other than a piece of the guitar that resonates a lot so as to prevent dampening.

I need the CORD SPECIFICALLY TO VIBRATE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, without electricity!

Any ideas to get more VIBRATION?

ty in advanced

Engineering news on Phys.org

Air pressure?
I'm sorry, but I really don't understand the question. That might just be on account of me not being the least bit musical. I'm just now learning to play the radio.

Regular room temperature and air pressure.

Ok friend, I am just trying to basically "amplify" my guitar without electricity in a sense.

Just a regular guitar, with a tightly twisted aluminum self made "cord" which I improvised.
You just take a piece of aluminum foil and make a "coiled cord" out of it.
You just take it and twist it at both ends until it is a tight "cord".

Do you understand? What do you not understand?

Thank you a million, this is my life's ambition and work to get this right

I just want to have that " coiled aluminum cord" to vibrate as much as possible so that if someone touches it at the other end, the person will feel the vibration as much as possible.
This cord is approximately 10 feet long.

Actually, the suggestion of air pressure was the only part of my post that wasn't meant as a joke.
I'm wondering why you want to use aluminum, though. It's supremely unsuited to the purpose. The whole reason that guitar and piano strings are made of steel, and other string instruments use high tensile materials such as animal parts or polymers, is that they aren't easily deformable. Deforming is what aluminum does best. It will most likely just bend, rather than vibrate.
The suggestion of air pressure was to use it as it is used in an accordion or other reed instrument to force vibration without the use of electricity.
I can't think of any other practical method, unless you have a pocket-size water wheel on hand.

Thank you for your quick reply, much valued bro

What material would you use instead?

The material ideally should be plyable and easy to bend to my heart's content.

I tried every state of matter, and combinations of them.

As widely known Sound travels faster in solids, and the harder the solid the best, so Ideally diamond would be the best, as sound travels fastest in diamond according to:

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/sound-speed-solids-d_713.html

Medium Velocity
(m/s) (ft/s)
Aluminum 6420 21063
Brass 3475 11400
Brick 4176 13700
Concrete 3200 - 3600 10500 - 11800
Copper 3901 12800
Cork 366 - 518 1200 - 1700
Diamond 12000 39400
Glass 3962 13000
Glass, Pyrex 5640 18500
Gold 3240 10630
Hardwood 3962 13000
Iron 5130 16830
Lead 1158 3800
Lucite 2680 8790
Rubber 40 - 150 130 - 492
Steel 6100 20000
Water 1433 4700
Wood (hard) 3960 13000
Wood 3300 - 3600 10820 - 11810

What pliable material that will bend to my desire that is not very expensive would you recommend?

Or, what do you have in mind ideally?

Any ideas are gold for me ty

I really don't know much about this, but my gut feeling is that instruments have been perfected over hundreds or even thousands of years. New technology is incorporated as it becomes available, so I have to think that what you can buy off of the shelf is as good as you can get. I certainly can't improve upon it. That's not to say that you can't; I just have absolutely no background in this subject. I wish you all success in your quest, but I'm afraid that I can't be of any help.
Maybe checking out Mark Wood can be of assistance. He builds his electric heavy-metal violins out of pink lawn flamingos and other unlikely materials.
Here's a peek at him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Wood_(violinist)

Last edited:

lol thanks mate, ill look into it
radio virtuosity!

What is a Force Vibration Music Instrument?

A Force Vibration Music Instrument is a musical instrument that produces sound through the use of force vibrations, rather than electricity. It utilizes the principles of physics and acoustics to create unique and dynamic musical tones.

How does a Force Vibration Music Instrument work?

A Force Vibration Music Instrument works by using a combination of force and resonance to create vibrations in the instrument's body. These vibrations are then amplified by the instrument's shape and materials, producing audible sound waves that can be heard by the human ear.

What are the benefits of using a Force Vibration Music Instrument?

There are several benefits to using a Force Vibration Music Instrument. Firstly, they do not require electricity, making them more environmentally friendly and cost-effective. Additionally, the unique vibrations produced by these instruments can have a calming and therapeutic effect on the listener.

Can anyone play a Force Vibration Music Instrument?

Yes, anyone can play a Force Vibration Music Instrument with some practice and guidance. These instruments are often designed to be user-friendly and intuitive, allowing even beginners to produce beautiful and unique sounds.

What types of Force Vibration Music Instruments are available?

There are various types of Force Vibration Music Instruments available, including stringed instruments, percussion instruments, and wind instruments. Some examples include the didgeridoo, kalimba, and singing bowls. Each instrument produces its own distinct sound and can be played in different ways to create a wide range of musical tones.