Maple Download and Maple-Matlab

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Maple
In summary, the conversation discusses the availability of Maple for free and the possibility of using Maple within MATLAB 6.5. It is mentioned that downloading Maple for free is not legal, but that it can be obtained through illegal means such as Bit Torrent. However, the conversation also touches on the potential consequences of discussing illegal activities on a public forum.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi

i) Do you know some free website for free downloading Maple?

ii) I've heard that Matlab 6.5 has some kind of Maple built inside. What kind of things one can make with that Maple of Matlab? May I solve ODEs?

Thanx

Physics news on Phys.org
1) I don't think you can download Maple for free (legally)

2) Yes, in MATLAB 6.5 you can do:

maple('whatever maple command you want')

dduardo said:
1) I don't think you can download Maple for free (legally)

2) Yes, in MATLAB 6.5 you can do:

maple('whatever maple command you want')

and ilegally?:biggrin:

Clausius2 said:
and ilegally?:biggrin:

You could download it via bit torrent network. Use a torrent search engine to find the torrent file. I'm positive they have it.

ranger said:
You could download it via bit torrent network. Use a torrent search engine to find the torrent file. I'm positive they have it.

Yeah, I got Maple 10 from Bit Torrent.

close this thread

rho said:
close this thread

Why must we do so?

because it contains posts about how to illegally download software. Which is not a good thing to do on a public forum.

rho, as long as no one posts any specifics or links then it is ok. ranger's bittorrent comment is similar to saying you can get illegal weapons from the russian underground. There is no specific mention of how to go about this, it is more of just a matter of fact.

Sorry then, I wasn't sure of the rules

What is Maple?

Maple is a computer algebra system used for mathematical and scientific computations. It allows users to solve equations, perform calculus operations, and create graphs and animations.

What is the difference between Maple and Matlab?

Maple and Matlab are both computer algebra systems, but they have different features and purposes. Matlab is primarily used for numerical computations and data analysis, while Maple is more focused on symbolic calculations and mathematical modeling.

How do I download Maple?

To download Maple, you will need to purchase a license from the official website. Once you have purchased a license, you will receive a download link and instructions on how to install the software on your computer.

Can I use Maple and Matlab together?

Yes, it is possible to use Maple and Matlab together. Maple has a built-in interface for Matlab, allowing users to transfer data and computations between the two systems. However, a license for both software programs is required.

Is Maple compatible with all operating systems?

Maple is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. However, some features and capabilities may vary depending on the operating system being used. It is recommended to check the system requirements before purchasing a license.