Accelerometer Help: Designing & Finding Resources

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with designing an accelerometer for a high school assignment. They are looking for information on where to start, what sensors to use, and where to find a sample circuit diagram. They also mention knowing that accelerometers measure acceleration of motors but have no experience with designing one. The conversation ends with the person asking about acceleration limits and frequency response and the expert responding that there are no specific formulas for accelerometers and it may be helpful to be more specific with their questions.
koneur
accelerometer help pleasez

hi everybody..i have homework to design accelerometer can anyone help me from where to start i hav no idea about accelerometers know only that it measures acceleration of motors no experience to design..which sensors to use..or where can i find sample circuit diagram of accelerometer?

Engineering news on Phys.org

koneur said:
hi everybody..i have homework to design accelerometer can anyone help me from where to start i hav no idea about accelerometers know only that it measures acceleration of motors no experience to design..which sensors to use..or where can i find sample circuit diagram of accelerometer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerometer

oh i know about wiki ))) but thanks anyway..vishal007win there is accelerometer with detailed and formulas valid for all types of accelerometers?

i mean accelerometers used with motors

koneur said:
oh i know about wiki ))) but thanks anyway..vishal007win there is accelerometer with detailed and formulas valid for all types of accelerometers?

Is this homework for a high school assignment?

yes..

koneur said:
yes..

Ah, that explains much. :smile:

So, unfortunately there is no 'accelerometer formulas' (to my knowledge) where you can simply plug in numbers and it spits out values.

thanks much

What is an accelerometer?

An accelerometer is a device that measures acceleration, which is the change in speed or direction of an object over time. It typically consists of a small, sensitive mass attached to a spring or other mechanism, which converts mechanical motion into an electrical signal.

How can accelerometers be used in design?

Accelerometers can be used in a variety of design applications, such as in the development of motion-sensitive technology, control systems, and navigation systems for vehicles and aircraft. They can also be used to measure vibrations and monitor structural health.

What factors should be considered when designing with accelerometers?

When designing with accelerometers, it is important to consider factors such as accuracy, sensitivity, range, sampling rate, and power consumption. The intended use and environment of the device should also be taken into account.

Where can I find resources for designing with accelerometers?

There are many resources available for designing with accelerometers, including research papers, textbooks, online tutorials, and forums. You can also consult with experts in the field or attend conferences and workshops related to the topic.

What are some common challenges when working with accelerometers?

Some common challenges when working with accelerometers include noise interference, calibration issues, and signal processing. It is important to carefully consider these challenges and develop appropriate solutions in the design process.