Momentum eq for cylindrical element

In summary, the equation for momentum in a cylindrical element is p=mv, where p is momentum, m is mass, and v is velocity. Momentum is conserved in a cylindrical element as long as there are no external forces acting on the system. The momentum equation can be applied to fluids in a cylindrical element as long as the fluid is incompressible and there are no external forces acting on the system. The significance of the radius in the momentum equation for a cylindrical element is that it represents the distance from the axis of rotation and affects the angular momentum of the system. For a rotating cylindrical element, the momentum equation becomes p=Iω, where I is the moment of inertia and ω is the angular velocity of the system.
shair44
Help!

I trying to improve momentum eq for cylindrical element coordinate by using vector method or may other methods

Please give me response v.ergent . Thanks! =)

Engineering news on Phys.org
by the way i am looking hwo to express the momentum eq for cylinder

1. What is the equation for momentum in a cylindrical element?

The equation for momentum in a cylindrical element is p=mv, where p is momentum, m is mass, and v is velocity.

2. How is momentum conserved in a cylindrical element?

Momentum is conserved in a cylindrical element as long as there are no external forces acting on the system.

3. Can the momentum equation be applied to fluids in a cylindrical element?

Yes, the momentum equation can be applied to fluids in a cylindrical element as long as the fluid is incompressible and there are no external forces acting on the system.

4. What is the significance of the radius in the momentum equation for a cylindrical element?

The radius in the momentum equation for a cylindrical element represents the distance from the axis of rotation, and it affects the angular momentum of the system.

5. How does the momentum equation change for a rotating cylindrical element?

For a rotating cylindrical element, the momentum equation becomes p=Iω, where I is the moment of inertia and ω is the angular velocity of the system.