Buy Cheney a Bus Ticket: Help Send Former VP Home to Wyoming!

• News
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bus
In summary, the email discusses the problems that Dick Cheney has caused and how it's time for him to go home. The email asks for help to get Cheney on a bus out of town. People can donate more than 202$ to help with the cost of the ticket.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This email received from the dems was good for a chuckle.

Have you ever had a guest who overstayed his welcome and wondered, "why is he still here?"

After some of his recent interviews, former Vice President Cheney has shown that he clearly doesn't know when to pack it in.

In just the last week, he's gone on national television in an effort to tear down President Obama's agenda -- saying the President's economic programs will be "devastating to our society" and that his foreign policy makes us seem "weak" to the rest of the world.

I don't know about you, but I think it's time for him to stop sniping from the sidelines and let President Obama usher in the changes Americans demanded after eight years of Cheney's disastrous policies. That's why I want Cheney to go back home to Wyoming, and why I want you to help me get him there.

Will you help pay for Cheney's bus fare? A one-way ticket from Washington, DC to Jackson, WY costs $202 -- will you chip into help us buy one for him?

Normally, when a Vice President leaves office with a disastrous legacy and the support of less than one quarter of the public, I'd expect him to keep out of the spotlight.

But with the Republican "Party of No" out of ideas and without any new leaders to provide real solutions, failed leaders like Dick Cheney and Karl Rove have once again taken the helm of the GOP.

While President Obama has been working to tackle America's biggest issues, Cheney has been busy bashing the President in nationally-televised interviews -- warning about a "vast expansion of the deficit" and agreeing with Sean Hannity that the President is "naive."

This all from a man who after eight years in office left the country with two wars, a sky-rocketing deficit, rising unemployment, and an unprecedented financial meltdown.

If there's one person who should understand the crucial need to get this country back on track, it should be the man who took it so disastrously off course -- but he doesn't seem to get the message.

That's why we need to help him off the national stage and back home to Wyoming. Please take a look at the itinerary we put together and then chip into get him on a Greyhound bus out of town:

Thank you for your help,

Jen

Jen O'Malley Dillon
Executive Director
Democratic National Committee
https://www.democrats.org/page/contribute/cheneybus?source=20090425_JOC_ND2

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
No, really! Everything was going along just fine until Obama took office. :rolleyes:

I'd donate to help. However, I'm currently unemployed and thanks to an unexpected hospital stay and my insurance company being uncooperative I'm too far in debt to donate any money.

I would not like to be stuck aboard this bus in the seat next to Dick. Damn !

He should pick Jimmie up on his way out!

humanino said:

I'll pay the whole price for http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/special/litrial/Hearing-set-for-man--41037497.html" ticket, as long as he's in the next seat.

:devil:

Yes. I know. Sick. Sick Sick.

I will be happy to contribute if we buy two tickets and send Al Gore with him:rolleyes:

OmCheeto said:
I'll pay the whole price for http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/special/litrial/Hearing-set-for-man--41037497.html" ticket, as long as he's in the next seat.

:devil:

Yes. I know. Sick. Sick Sick.

I was thinking the same thing. :devil:

Had Cheney garnered the near-least number of votes among U.S. senators elected contemporaneously to him?

After getting this message and bus ticket, Chenney told you all to "**** off"

humanino said:

I would like to have Dick Cheney stuck in a bus next to me. God save him. :devil:

Is that a joke? :rofl:

What will happen to the money if people donate more than 202$?

What is "Buy Cheney a Bus Ticket"?

"Buy Cheney a Bus Ticket" is a fundraising campaign created to help former Vice President Dick Cheney return to his home state of Wyoming.

Why does Dick Cheney need a bus ticket?

Dick Cheney has been living in Virginia since his time as Vice President and does not currently have a way to return to his home state of Wyoming. This campaign aims to raise funds to cover the cost of a bus ticket for him to return home.

How much does a bus ticket for Dick Cheney cost?

The cost of a bus ticket for Dick Cheney varies depending on the location he will be departing from and the time of travel. However, the estimated cost is around $300.

How can I contribute to the "Buy Cheney a Bus Ticket" campaign?

There are several ways to contribute to the campaign. You can make a donation through the official website, purchase merchandise that supports the campaign, or share the campaign on social media to help raise awareness.

Is this campaign affiliated with Dick Cheney or his family?

No, this campaign is not affiliated with Dick Cheney or his family. It was created by a group of individuals who wanted to help him return home to Wyoming.