What type of Engineer do I need?

In summary, the individual seeking advice is considering hiring an engineer to help with their start-up business idea of creating a tablet with unique features. They have identified potential suppliers, like LG Display, but are unsure of the specific type of engineer they will need. Suggestions include an Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, and Industrial Designer.
Resiom
Hello, I currently have an idea to initiate for my start-up business. Therefore, I do not have the skill to do it. Will it be feasible to hire an engineer? The project consists to build a tablet with few built-in that are not currently in the market. We have found several suppliers, like LG Display, that could contribute in our project.

What type of engineer do I need in order to build a tablet? Processors, Display, PCB, etc will be purchased.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Resiom said:
Hello, I currently have an idea to initiate for my start-up business. Therefore, I do not have the skill to do it. Will it be feasible to hire an engineer? The project consists to build a tablet with few built-in that are not currently in the market. We have found several suppliers, like LG Display, that could contribute in our project.

What type of engineer do I need in order to build a tablet? Processors, Display, PCB, etc will be purchased.

Welcome to the PF.

You will likely need an EE and an ME (to do the physical design), and an Industrial Designer (to do the look and feel). You could contact a headhunter to discuss what types of people you should be looking for.

What type of engineer do I need?

This is a common question that is often asked by individuals or companies who need to hire an engineer for a specific project. The answer to this question depends on the type of project and the specific skills required for it.

What is the difference between a mechanical engineer and an electrical engineer?

Both mechanical engineers and electrical engineers are highly skilled professionals in the field of engineering. However, their areas of expertise and the types of projects they work on may differ. Mechanical engineers are responsible for designing, building, and testing mechanical systems, while electrical engineers focus on the design and development of electrical systems and components.

Do I need a civil engineer or a structural engineer?

This question is often asked by individuals who are planning to construct a building or other structure. While there is some overlap between the two disciplines, civil engineers primarily focus on the design and construction of large-scale infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and airports. Structural engineers, on the other hand, specialize in the design and analysis of the structural components of buildings and other structures.

What type of engineer is needed for a software development project?

For a software development project, you will need to hire a software engineer. These professionals are responsible for designing and developing software applications and systems. They have a strong understanding of computer science and programming languages, and are able to create efficient and functional software solutions.

Is it necessary to hire a specialized engineer for my project or can I hire a general engineer?

This is a common question for individuals or companies who are not sure if they need a specialized or general engineer for their project. While a general engineer may have a broad range of skills and knowledge, a specialized engineer has a deeper understanding and expertise in a specific area. It is important to carefully consider the requirements of your project and the skills needed before deciding on the type of engineer to hire.