Finding Period (T) from time (t)

In summary, the conversation is about a person needing help with a problem involving waves. The problem specifically asks for the speed of a wave with an amplitude of 0.03 m and a wavelength of 0.08 m, when the time for one wave is 2 seconds. The person is struggling to understand this and is asking for assistance.
metalmagik
How do i do this! I have a long problem with several question parts about waves and I know how to do all of it except the first question is asking me to find velocity which I need frequency for, which I need Period for! Anyone please help Period and time have been a stumper for me all year please help me set this straight and understand it, thanks anyone.

Physics news on Phys.org
Your question is too vague. Please post the actual problem (or perhaps just the first part of it), so we can see exactly what you need help with.

- Warren

alright well its a basic wave, with an amplitude of .03 m and a lambda of .08 m. It's asking for the speed when the time for ONE wave (it says point a to reach point f, they are two crests which are in phase) is 2 seconds.

What is the equation for finding period (T) from time (t)?

The equation for finding period (T) from time (t) is T = t/n, where T is the period, t is the time, and n is the number of oscillations or cycles.

Why is it important to find the period (T) from time (t)?

Finding the period (T) from time (t) is important because it helps to determine the frequency of an oscillating system. This can be useful in many fields of science, such as physics, chemistry, and astronomy.

What units should be used for time (t) when finding the period (T)?

The units for time (t) should be in seconds (s) when finding the period (T).

Can the period (T) be found from a graph of time (t) vs. displacement (x)?

Yes, the period (T) can be found from a graph of time (t) vs. displacement (x) by measuring the time interval between two consecutive peaks or troughs in the graph.

How does the amplitude affect the period (T) when finding it from time (t)?

The amplitude does not affect the period (T) when finding it from time (t). The period (T) is solely determined by the time interval and the number of oscillations or cycles, regardless of the amplitude of the oscillating system.