ET's flown home – chased off by the internet?

In summary, the number of UFO sightings in the United States has decreased over the past few years. However, the number of UFO sightings worldwide has increased.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I had to post this.

ET's flown home – chased off by the internet
Ben Macintyre

The disappearance of flying saucers and little green men – and a shift in human credulity
Now the UFOs have almost vanished. Sure, you still get a few alien abductions, especially on New Year’s Eve, and diehard ufologists are still recording close encounters of the umpteenth kind. Since 1955 the National UFO Reporting Centre in Seattle has clocked 125,000 reports of sightings. But in recent years the numbers have dropped dramatically. [continued]
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,6-2111848,00.html

So I did a little check on the National UFO reporting center's database.
http://www.ufocenter.com/

Year Reports
2006 [to date] 448
2005 3999
2004 3829
2003 3363
2002 2954
2001 2817
2000 2420
1999 2301
1998 1420
1997 980
1996 674
1995 1122
1994 274
1993 214
1992 169
1990 150
1989 161
1988 152
1987 129
1986 135

Or, try a google of "UFO Reports" - 269,000 hits. So even if the reporting rate has decreased for any particular UFO group, the number of groups tracking this has increased tremendously since the advent of the internet.

I guess the author hasn't talked with the half dozen cops who chased a UFO all around Highland Illinois a few years ago. But I do think that the internet has helped to show that the 90-95% of all reports that we have always known to be explainable, are just that. The only surprise seems to be for the debunkers.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
1997 980
Make that 981 I saw a UFO in that year but never reported just told few friends.But I didn't report or anything

The interesting thing is that although only 1:20 to 1:10 reports turn out to be interesting, for decades surveys have shown that only about 1:10 people report [what they believe to be] UFO sighthings.

He said 43 sightings were reported in 2005 compared to 112 the year before.

“We’re [Ontario area] way down,” Rutkowski said. “But despite that, [Canada] recorded its second-highest number of sightings in a single year.”

He said Canadians reported 769 sightings overall—a slight drop from 882 the year before.[continued]
http://www.fftimes.com/index.php/6/2006-04-06/24991 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Can you provide evidence to support the claim that ET's have been flown home and chased off by the internet?

As a scientist, it is important to rely on evidence-based research to support any claims. Currently, there is no scientific evidence or credible sources to support the claim that ET's have been flown home and chased off by the internet.

2. How does the internet play a role in the supposed departure of ET's?

The internet is a vast network of communication and information sharing. However, there is no scientific basis to suggest that the internet has the ability to impact the actions of extraterrestrial beings, as there is no known connection between the two.

3. Who discovered this information and how was it communicated?

The claim of ET's being flown home and chased off by the internet is not a scientifically verified discovery. It is likely a fabricated story that has been shared through various channels, such as social media or online forums.

4. Are there any theories or explanations for why the internet would drive ET's away?

As this claim has no scientific basis, there are no credible theories or explanations for why the internet would have any impact on extraterrestrial beings. It is important to approach such claims with a critical and scientific mindset.

5. How can we determine the credibility of claims regarding ET's and the internet?

As with any information, it is important to critically evaluate the source and evidence behind the claim. In this case, there is no scientific evidence or credible sources to support the claim, making it highly unlikely to be true. It is important to rely on scientific research and reputable sources when considering any claims about ET's and their interactions with the internet.

Back