How to make videos and a website

• Thread starter dirac1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Videos
In summary: You can also find a lot of information on making videos on the web by searching for "how to make videos" or "video making tips". In summary, it is difficult to prevent people from downloading video content, but there are a few precautions you can take to protect yourself. Most importantly, make videos in a format that can be downloaded and played on the computer, and use a capture program that is suitable for your camera.
dirac1
how to make videos and a website

hi all
i would like to make some videos for my website does anyone know any good software or any good ways to stream encode video for webstreaming downloading etc I am also a little worried about people stealing my stuff too

any help would be greatly apperciated thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
It's difficult to prevent people from downloading video content, since video capture programs, similar to fraps, allow just about anything you see on the screen to be captured as an avi file on your computer.

Personally I don't worry about this, and I state it's OK for anyone to copy and repost any of my videos. All of the videos I create are windows movie videos, which allows them to be viewed while downloading, a convenience to the viewer. The "safest" method is to create flash videos, but even these can be downloaded and coverted.

Fraps is also good for capturing video output while playing PC games if your system is fast enough.

If you have a camcorder with a USB or 1394 (fire wire) interface, you can transfer videos to the computer fairly easily. Most camcorders include capture software for free, and you can use the free Windows Movie Maker to convert the large uncompressed avi files to reasonably sized windows movie files.

If you have a Sony HC1 camcorder, you'll need a special capture program for the hi-def 1440x1080i (with 1.333 ratio pixels) format used.

Personally I use Adobe Premiere Pro to make videos and Adobe Encore to make video dvd's. Premiere pro let's you make multi-view videos like these:

nrwsvp.wmv

rfrf1tgp.wmv

Last edited:
Download the flash 30-day trial from macrmedia to convert jpegs to loads of different movie formats.

Look for something that can convert avi to swf
I think this would work
http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?area=products&product=video

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I record and edit videos for my website?

To record and edit videos for your website, you will need a video recording device such as a camera or smartphone, and video editing software like Adobe Premiere or iMovie. Once you have recorded your video, you can import it into the editing software and make any necessary edits or additions before exporting it in a suitable format for your website.

2. What should I consider when choosing a video hosting platform for my website?

There are a few factors to consider when choosing a video hosting platform for your website. Some important things to keep in mind include storage space, video quality and playback options, analytics and tracking capabilities, and cost. Popular video hosting platforms include YouTube, Vimeo, and Wistia.

3. How can I ensure my website is visually appealing and user-friendly?

To make your website visually appealing and user-friendly, it is important to choose a clean and modern design, use high-quality images and videos, and make sure your website is easy to navigate. You should also consider the use of color, font, and layout to create a cohesive and engaging experience for your visitors.

4. What are some important factors to consider when creating a website?

When creating a website, some important factors to consider include the purpose of the website, the target audience, the type of content you will be sharing, and the overall design and layout. It is also important to consider factors such as search engine optimization, mobile responsiveness, and website security.

5. How can I make my website stand out and attract more visitors?

To make your website stand out and attract more visitors, you can use various strategies such as creating high-quality and engaging content, utilizing social media and other online marketing techniques, and regularly updating your website with fresh and relevant content. It is also important to optimize your website for search engines to improve its visibility and attract more organic traffic.