Is Condi a closet Al Gore fan?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fan
In summary, during separate interviews with Tim Russert and Larry King, both Condoleezza Rice and Al Gore referenced the Chinese character for crisis, which contains symbols for danger and opportunity. The idea that every crisis presents both danger and opportunity has been attributed to the Chinese for years, but Gore's use of the concept in his film "An Inconvenient Truth" has brought it into mainstream discourse. Some may argue that the White House's adoption of this concept shows a positive influence, while others question its validity now that it has been used by political figures.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
When I heard Condi say this on Meet the Press

You know, Tim, the Chinese have a character for crisis. It’s weiji—danger and opportunity. I think they have it right. Every crisis has within it danger, but every crisis also has within it opportunity.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14215314/page/2/

I kept thinking how I had just heard this recently for the first time. Now where did I hear that... hmmm... oh yes, I remember, it comes from Al Gore and his "Inconvenient Truth" ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GORE: Well, you know, there's an old cliche about the way the Chinese write the word "crisis." They have two symbols back to back. The first means danger, and the second means opportunity.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/13/lkl.01.html

It seems that the White House finally has a sane influence. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
It seems that the White House finally has a sane influence. :biggrin:

Would that be Chinese influence? :smile:

damn it Gore, now I'll never be able to respectably use that line again...

What's more, now that we've heard it from the White House, can we still be sure that it's true?

1. Is there any evidence to suggest that Condi is a closet Al Gore fan?

There is no direct evidence to suggest that Condoleezza Rice is a fan of Al Gore. However, there have been instances where she has expressed agreement with some of his views, particularly on climate change.

2. How does Condoleezza Rice's political ideology align with Al Gore's?

Condoleezza Rice and Al Gore have different political ideologies. Rice is a Republican and has been a part of the conservative administration of George W. Bush. Gore, on the other hand, is a Democrat and has been vocal about his liberal views on various issues.

3. Have Condoleezza Rice and Al Gore ever collaborated on any projects?

There is no record of Condi and Al Gore collaborating on any projects. However, both have been involved in various international organizations and initiatives related to climate change and global affairs.

4. Is there any significance to Condoleezza Rice's possible admiration for Al Gore?

There is no significant impact of Condoleezza Rice possibly being a fan of Al Gore. While it may indicate some common ground or shared views between the two, it does not have any significant implications on their respective political careers.

5. Is it common for politicians from opposing parties to admire each other?

It is not uncommon for politicians from opposing parties to respect and admire each other, despite their ideological differences. It is a sign of maturity and open-mindedness to recognize and appreciate the good qualities of individuals from other political parties.