Help Needed: Ozone Generation with Discharge Tube

In summary, the conversation is about a project involving the generation of ozone using a discharge tube and an EHT transformer. The individual is seeking help in finding information on the construction and specifications of the equipment. They have provided a diagram of the discharge tube and are asking for assistance in finding the necessary details. They have also expressed urgency and provided their email for further communication.
logical
Ozone Generation (Help required)

I am working on the project of "Ozone generation".

Generation of ozone is done using discharge tube working at around 6KV. But the source from where I got the details of the project doesn't provided the information on the construction part of it.

Please help me by giving the link where I can find the constructional details of generating ozone through discharge tube.

I have the diagram of the discharge tube which I have attached with this post.
Please help me its urgent.

If it is convinient for you please mail me any details at nirav0279@gmail.com .

Thank you.

Attachments

• discharge tube.jpg
    discharge tube.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 518
Engineering news on Phys.org
My project title is ozone generator. In my project there is one EHT Transformer (i.e LOT 2070 EHT Transformer). I m unable to find the specification of this transformer , its pin configuration and other detail. So please help me out giving some or other details or the link where i could find the link of its specification.
If posible mail the details to nirav0279@gmail.com or else post here itself.

Thank You.

Multiple threads merged.

logical, can you give us any more information to try to help you out? Where did you find the transformer and tube?

I would be a little leary of this setup. With 6kV, you're going to possibly have arching through the epoxy generating heat that could cause the tube to shatter.

1. What is ozone generation with discharge tube?

Ozone generation with discharge tube is a process that uses an electrical discharge to create ozone gas from oxygen molecules. This method is often used for air purification and water treatment purposes.

2. How does ozone generation with discharge tube work?

In this process, oxygen molecules (O2) are exposed to a high voltage electrical discharge, which breaks them apart into individual oxygen atoms. These atoms then combine with other oxygen molecules to form ozone gas (O3).

3. What are the applications of ozone generation with discharge tube?

Ozone generation with discharge tube has various applications, including air purification, water treatment, odor control, and food preservation. It is also used in medical settings for disinfection and sterilization purposes.

4. Is ozone generation with discharge tube safe?

When used properly and in controlled environments, ozone generation with discharge tube is generally considered safe. However, high levels of ozone can be harmful to humans and should be avoided. It is essential to follow proper safety precautions and guidelines when working with ozone gas.

5. How can I create ozone using a discharge tube at home?

It is not recommended to try to create ozone at home using a discharge tube as it can be dangerous. Ozone generators are specialized equipment that should only be used by trained professionals. Improper use can lead to the production of harmful levels of ozone gas.