Quantum physics vs classical physics

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of quantum physics vs classical physics and the need for references to better understand the concepts. The main difference between the two is philosophical, with classical physics being deterministic and quantum physics being indeterministic. The conversation suggests googling these terms to gain a clearer understanding before searching for references.
noobie!
the chapter of quantum physics vs classical physics will be one of the topic that i will be tested in final exam,but I'm a little confused by them..so i need a good references to refer to..could you please recommend me some good website as i can refer to..i have found this linkhttp://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/phys/Class/refln/u13l3b.html appears to be my favorite references but sadly,it only reaches until the topic for optic rays..so i really do need a good references,please do recommend me and thanks for guiding me along my way as well...thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The main difference between the two is philosophical (many of your best references might lie outside the realm of science as a consequence of this...). The backbone of classical physics is deterministic whereas quantum physics is indeterministic. The mathematics for each reflects this difference in approach. I would start by googling these words and getting a clear picture of what they mean before hunting for references.

Cheers.

Renge Ishyo said:
The main difference between the two is philosophical (many of your best references might lie outside the realm of science as a consequence of this...). The backbone of classical physics is deterministic whereas quantum physics is indeterministic. The mathematics for each reflects this difference in approach. I would start by googling these words and getting a clear picture of what they mean before hunting for references.

Cheers.

i got you..so in fact i just want to get some references to help me get a clearer picture of it...:blushing:

1. What is the difference between quantum physics and classical physics?

Quantum physics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior and properties of particles on a microscopic scale, while classical physics deals with the laws of motion and energy on a macroscopic scale.

2. How do quantum and classical physics differ in their approach to understanding the universe?

The main difference is that quantum physics takes into account the principles of uncertainty and superposition, which do not apply in classical physics. This means that quantum physics allows for the possibility of multiple outcomes or states at the same time, while classical physics assumes a single, definite outcome.

3. How does quantum physics challenge our understanding of reality?

Quantum physics challenges our understanding of reality by introducing concepts such as entanglement and non-locality, which suggest that particles can influence each other even when separated by great distances. It also challenges the idea of a deterministic universe, as it allows for the possibility of probabilistic outcomes.

4. Can quantum and classical physics be reconciled?

While the two theories may seem fundamentally different, many scientists believe that they can be reconciled through a theory of quantum gravity. This theory would combine the principles of quantum mechanics with those of general relativity, which is the theory that describes gravity on a large scale.

5. How is quantum physics being applied in technology and everyday life?

Quantum physics has already led to the development of technologies such as transistors and lasers, which are used in computers and telecommunications. It is also being applied in fields such as cryptography and quantum computing, which have the potential to greatly enhance our technological capabilities.