Dealing With Sibling Relationships: Tips from Experience

• Thread starter Deniel
  • Start date
In summary: It's hard to say, because I feel really bad for her and I don't want her to go to jail, but I would give her the money.
Deniel
You have any ?
Do you love them ?
What would you do if your younger sisters/brothers want $100000 from you ?
Have you ever beaten or slapped your sisters/brothers ? Did they cry ?
How do you feel whenever they are sad, crying ?

You know, I am a man, I have a big brother and a big sister. I seen my brother yell at my sister many times but don't know why whenever she s sad or had some problems, he came to help and at times when he is "calm", he gave her anything she wants, I am jealous!.
He is crazy right ?

Here, another serious problem

My neighbor also has a 2 girls and 1 boy and 1 man. The man is now over 35 and works for a company, relating to electronics, electricity, communication, phones etc.
He is good at everything, he like jokes, especially playing practical jokes on someone, because he has experience in mathematics, he knows well about vector transformations, and any stuff concerning linear algebra. He is a real professional Saint, he is like a magician and has really respectable talents in internet communication, he many times have received trainings overseas in computer's anti-hacking and software security, he got a PhD certificate and has a big picture in his room in which he shoke hands with Cambodian Prime Minister. But I also admit he is a bit strict-that is what i mean because that conclusion I draw from what I have seen...it is apparent since another reason might be that he wants people to know more about him.

It is weird to me that his younger brother just yesterday gave him a punch in his nose, and he bled a lot but i still don't know why he is still Heiki- I mean he still acts as if he knew nothing though i saw his extreme anger at the time. Now, his younger brother wants some hundred dolars from him for unpaid tuition, he then gave the boy with only a bit of sarcasm.

I am really confused about those people! Are you confused with me or are you confused about what i just said ?I think my English is probably the easiest one to be understandable in this forum, you agree ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Deniel said:
You have any?

I have an older brother

Do you love them ?

Love and hate at the same time sometimes.

What would you do if your younger sisters/brothers want $100000
from you ?

Make him my slave until it was all paid off.

Have you ever beaten or slapped your sisters/brothers ? Did they cry ?

We have had a few fights in our time yes, I think I only beat him in the fight once. Now we are older and don't fight... obviously.

How do you feel whenever they are sad, crying ?

I haven't been there when he has been really depressed. In his second year of university, his loan application didnt go through and so he had to make £1000 last a year. He lost about 3 stone in weight because he couldn't afford to eat. He only got food when the parents sent him money or his friends got him free Big Mac vouchers from Maccy D's.

You know, I am a man, I have a big brother and a big sister. I seen my brother yell at my sister many times but don't know why whenever she s sad or had some problems, he came to help and at times when he is "calm", he gave her anything she wants, I am jealous!.

He is crazy right ?

No, just a sucker. :tongue2:

I have an older brother, older sister, and younger brother. We grew up on a farm, far from other people our age. So we made our own games. My brothers and I made our own bows and arrows, shaped sticks into fighting staves and such, and played war games. This involved many nasty bruises and such. So yes, I have smacked around my brothers a fair bit.

If a member of my family wanted money, I would give it to them. Money doesn't mean a heck of a lot to me, so it's no problem.

My little sister is the anti-christ. I swear she has like horns, a tail, and works in the dark arts of PMS.

What is PMS ?
Why no one has any comments on the second story ? That is the one you should consider to know the truth...I am still confused because no one has any idea..

Sisters and Brothers

You have any ? Yes, six.

Do you love them ? Yes.

What would you do if your younger sisters/brothers want $100000 from you ? Always be honest about the ones you love. To the one who was convicted of drug charges and then complained that if he could just dig up some cash, he'd be back in business? I'd say "Tough break." But, for the most part, I'd try to help in times of trouble.

Have you ever beaten or slapped your sisters/brothers ? Not since we were kids.

How do you feel whenever they are sad, crying ? I feel bad whenever things are going badly for them. And even worse when you know things won't get better because they just won't learn. Of course, they could probably say the same thing about me some times - some things people just don't want to change about themselves. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and accept them as they are.

:smile:

:confused:

i have a brother 20 years younger then me with severe down's and autism...i wish that i had brothers or sisters who shared in growing up with me...when i had my daughter, i promised i would have at least one more child to keep her company as she grew up, and sure enough her little brother and her are very close...

I have a younger sister, an assortment of step-siblings, and my step-siblings have another set of step-siblings that are not my step-siblings but I consider family nonetheless (maybe this is why I'm so good at those logic puzzles...Suzy is older than Jeff but younger than Jane, Jane is older than Ted and also older than Carl, is Carl older than Jeff?...it's like keeping track of my relatives).

When we were younger (children), my sister and I fought like cats and dogs...but if anyone besides me did anything to hurt my sister, they had to face both of us...we really stuck together like that. Now that we're all grown, we've gotten much closer. She's still the flakey one, but she's slowly growing out of it.

As for the step-siblings, there are a few I can't at all stand, a few I tolerate, and a few I'm really close with. I didn't grow up in the same house with any of them, so they are more like adult friends and acquaintances than siblings.

And if they were to ask me for a lot of money, my response would be, "What for?" My little sister, if she needed anything, I'd help her out in a heartbeat, but a few of the step-siblings I'd probably tell tough luck. But that's because they are the ones I've bent over backward to help out in the past and didn't even get so much as a thank-you for it.

My brother is a lot older than me. Hes gone off to college this year and now that he's gone, i miss him. I don't know what your neighbors feelings to each other are but in a family you have to forgive and forget, or else you can't get along well at all, but it would be hard to forget actually getting punch in the nose. :biggrin:

I have 4 older brothers and two older sisters. Of the lot, I'm probably the only one that couldn't produce $100,000 in a pinch, so they better not come asking for it. If they need a kidney though, I have one to spare. I fought daily with my two brothers closest in age, but there's no hard feelings. You put 5 boys in one bedroom, you will get fights.

Njorl

Moonbear said:
I have a younger sister, an assortment of step-siblings, and my step-siblings have another set of step-siblings that are not my step-siblings but I consider family nonetheless (maybe this is why I'm so good at those logic puzzles...Suzy is older than Jeff but younger than Jane, Jane is older than Ted and also older than Carl, is Carl older than Jeff?...it's like keeping track of my relatives).

When we were younger (children), my sister and I fought like cats and dogs...but if anyone besides me did anything to hurt my sister, they had to face both of us...we really stuck together like that. Now that we're all grown, we've gotten much closer. She's still the flakey one, but she's slowly growing out of it.

As for the step-siblings, there are a few I can't at all stand, a few I tolerate, and a few I'm really close with. I didn't grow up in the same house with any of them, so they are more like adult friends and acquaintances than siblings.

And if they were to ask me for a lot of money, my response would be, "What for?" My little sister, if she needed anything, I'd help her out in a heartbeat, but a few of the step-siblings I'd probably tell tough luck. But that's because they are the ones I've bent over backward to help out in the past and didn't even get so much as a thank-you for it.
Moonbear, now I can confirm that you are not. I am stupid...true.--lol-

Dreamer said:
My brother is a lot older than me. Hes gone off to college this year and now that he's gone, i miss him. I don't know what your neighbors feelings to each other are but in a family you have to forgive and forget, or else you can't get along well at all, but it would be hard to forget actually getting punch in the nose. :biggrin:
If you were the guy to get hit in that way and actually didnt forgive, you shouldn't have laughed like that...Good guy you are then!

Hey, if you were hit by someone like that, you will actually forgive him right ?
I just think that's not a big problem to keep in mind all the time anyway. Agree?? (smile)

In my family it was:
1. Get even
2. Forgive
3. (No step three)
4. Forget
5. Pre-emptive retribution for the next insult.

Njorl

I've a tiny brother (8), a slightly older sister (14), and a older broha (17).

I don't do much with my brothers because we have very little in common... (know what I mean, Jack?)

My sister and I do a lot though. We do all sorts of weird things like embarrasing each other in public places, etc. And tonight, we're watching "The Italian Job"

-My siblings in a nutshell.

1. How can I improve my relationship with my sibling?

Improving sibling relationships often requires open communication, understanding, and compromise. Take the time to listen to your sibling's perspective and try to see things from their point of view. Work together to find common ground and make an effort to spend quality time together.

2. What should I do if my sibling and I constantly fight?

Frequent fighting between siblings is common, but it can also be harmful to the relationship. It's important to address conflicts early on and find healthy ways to resolve them. This may include setting boundaries, seeking outside help, or finding activities that you both enjoy.

3. How can I handle sibling rivalry?

Sibling rivalry is a natural part of growing up, but it can also cause tension in relationships. To handle sibling rivalry, it's important to avoid comparing siblings and instead focus on each child's unique strengths and talents. Encourage positive competition and celebrate each child's accomplishments.

4. What if my sibling and I have very different personalities?

Having different personalities can make it challenging to get along with a sibling, but it can also lead to a stronger relationship. Embrace your differences and try to find common ground. It's also important to respect each other's boundaries and communicate openly about your needs and preferences.

5. How can I maintain a positive relationship with my sibling as we get older?

As siblings grow up and start their own lives, it's important to make an effort to stay connected and maintain a positive relationship. Schedule regular check-ins, plan fun activities together, and make an effort to support each other's goals and dreams. Remember to always communicate openly and resolve conflicts in a healthy manner.