How Can I Build a Wireless Device to Control Lights and Sirens with My Phone?

In summary, the speaker is looking to build a small device that can communicate with a phone and control a light or siren from a range of 20 to 30 meters. They are seeking assistance and want the device to run on low voltage DC power source. One possible solution is to use a BlueTooth wireless interface and find a smartphone app for remote light control.
sam501
i am looking to build a device that can communicate with a phone and through that phone you could turn on or off a light or a siren with fairly long range 20 to 30 meters (60 to 90 feet). Would anyone be able to help regarding this device. I am looking for it be as small as possible. also i wanted this device to run with fairly low voltage dc power source.

please help with this

thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
sam501 said:
i am looking to build a device that can communicate with a phone and through that phone you could turn on or off a light or a siren with fairly long range 20 to 30 meters (60 to 90 feet). Would anyone be able to help regarding this device. I am looking for it be as small as possible. also i wanted this device to run with fairly low voltage dc power source.

please help with this

thanks

Welcome to the PF.

You could communicate with a smartphone via a BlueTooth wireless interface. And you can probably find some smartphone applications that will be able to control lights via an Internet connection or similar...

What is a wireless electronic device?

A wireless electronic device is a type of electronic device that can connect to the internet or other devices without the need for physical cables or wires. These devices use wireless technology such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or cellular networks to communicate and transfer data.

How do wireless electronic devices work?

Wireless electronic devices use radio waves to communicate with other devices. They have a built-in transmitter that sends out signals, and a receiver that picks up signals from other devices. These signals are then translated into data that can be used by the device.

What are the advantages of using wireless electronic devices?

One main advantage of wireless electronic devices is their convenience. They eliminate the need for messy cables and allow for more flexibility in device placement. They also allow for easier and faster data transfer between devices.

What are some common examples of wireless electronic devices?

Some common examples of wireless electronic devices include smartphones, tablets, laptops, smartwatches, fitness trackers, wireless headphones, and Bluetooth speakers. Home automation devices, such as smart thermostats and security systems, also use wireless technology.

Are there any potential health risks associated with using wireless electronic devices?

There have been concerns about the potential health risks of using wireless electronic devices due to their use of radiofrequency radiation. However, research studies have not found any conclusive evidence that links these devices to adverse health effects.