IC Tube Packaging Solutions: Rubber Stoppers for IC Packages

• Thread starter Jiggy-Ninja
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ic
In summary, the conversation discusses the proper term for the tubes used to ship DIP IC packages and the difficulty of finding them through online searches. The speaker also mentions their search for rubber stoppers and the effectiveness of using anti-static as a search term for finding the IC tubes.
Jiggy-Ninja
What is the proper term for those tubes that DIP IC packages come shipped in? Searches on Amazon and Google are fruitless and Mouser/Digikey is hopeless unless you know exactly what you're looking for and exactly where it is. A link or even just the right words to use would be appreciated.

Also looking for some rubber stoppers like the ones shown in the pic. Out of all the ways of stopping up the end I've had my ICs shipped with, those are the best.

Attachments

• snapshot.jpg
    snapshot.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 366
Engineering news on Phys.org
I've always just called them IC tubes. Do you think there is another name for them?

It's not so much that I want to know what they're called, it's that I want to buy some and can't find them when I search for "IC tube". Amazon has nothing and Google comes up with references to some medical condition.

Ah. The helpful search term is anti-static. Try a Google search on anti static ic shipping tubes. I got lots of good hits. How does it work for you?

That's the magic word, thank you.

1. What are IC tube packaging solutions?

IC tube packaging solutions are a type of packaging used for integrated circuits (ICs). They typically involve placing the ICs into a long tube made of plastic or metal, with rubber stoppers used to secure the ICs in place. This type of packaging is commonly used in the electronics industry for shipping and storing ICs.

2. Why are rubber stoppers used in IC tube packaging solutions?

Rubber stoppers are used in IC tube packaging solutions because they provide a secure and protective barrier for the ICs. They help keep the ICs in place during transportation and storage, preventing them from getting damaged. Rubber stoppers are also flexible, making it easy to insert and remove the ICs from the tube.

3. What are the benefits of using IC tube packaging solutions?

IC tube packaging solutions offer several benefits, including protection against physical damage, dust, and moisture. They also help with organization and storage of ICs, as the tubes can be labeled and easily stacked. Additionally, IC tube packaging is cost-effective and environmentally friendly, as the tubes can be reused multiple times.

4. Are there different sizes of IC tube packaging solutions available?

Yes, there are various sizes of IC tube packaging solutions available to accommodate different sizes and types of ICs. The tubes can range from a few inches to several feet in length and can hold anywhere from a few to hundreds of ICs at a time. It is essential to select the appropriate size for the specific ICs being packaged.

5. How do I know if IC tube packaging solutions are the right choice for my project?

The decision to use IC tube packaging solutions will depend on the specific needs and requirements of your project. If you need to ship or store a large number of ICs securely and efficiently, then this type of packaging may be the right choice. It is also crucial to consider the size and fragility of the ICs, as well as the cost-effectiveness and sustainability of using IC tube packaging solutions.