Spelling Mistake Found on Forum - Check FAQ & Register

• Thread starter Zeteg
  • Start date
In summary, there was a conversation about a message that appears at the top of a forum for non-logged in users. The message includes a link to register and a confirmation link in the registration email. One person noticed a spelling error in the message and pointed it out. The other person thanked them for bringing it to their attention and will fix it.
Zeteg
I thought I should just point it out. When people are not logged in, at the top of the forum, there is this message:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. After registration you must click on a confirmation lnik from our a registration email we send you. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What I just highlighted in bold, I'm assuming has the wrong spelling. Wee =) Hope that was helpful. Nothing major anyway.

Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't seen that greeting for years so I wasn't aware. I'll get to fixing that soon. Thanks.

1. What is a spelling mistake found on the forum?

A spelling mistake found on the forum is an error in the spelling of a word or words within a post or thread on the forum.

2. How can I check for spelling mistakes on the forum?

To check for spelling mistakes on the forum, you can use the search function to look for misspelled words or manually review posts and threads for any errors.

3. What should I do if I find a spelling mistake on the forum?

If you find a spelling mistake on the forum, you can report it to the forum moderators or administrators so they can correct it. Alternatively, you can also edit your own posts to fix any spelling mistakes.

4. Why is it important to fix spelling mistakes on the forum?

Fixing spelling mistakes on the forum is important because it helps to ensure that information is accurately conveyed and easily understood by all forum users. It also reflects positively on the forum's professionalism and credibility.

5. Do I need to register to report a spelling mistake on the forum?

No, you do not need to register to report a spelling mistake on the forum. However, registering as a forum member may allow you to have more active involvement in the forum's community and the ability to edit your own posts.