What songs are you listening now?

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary: I was hoping Evo's "Nowhere as catchy as this one of course" was going to lead into a link to the video... :uhh:In summary, the conversation covers a variety of music genres and artists, including Hotel California by Eagles, Kyuss, Gorillaz, Rancid, Velvet Revolver, 12 Skin Carrot, Anti-Flag, Shostakovich, Seven Ascended Masters, Pearl Jam, and various other songs and albums. The participants also discuss their memories and experiences associated with these songs and artists.
Shook Ones - Mobb Deep
I Try - Talib Kweli
The Corner - Common

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Shook Ones - Mobb Deep
I Try - Talib Kweli
The Corner - Common
Awesome! How are Talib and Common?

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Shook Ones - Mobb Deep
I Try - Talib Kweli
The Corner - Common

Where the eky thump are you guys, this is some sort of unknowable mumbojubo
right ? please say yes, or i am lost in the 60s, 70s .

You are lost in the 60s, 70s. I am in the late 80s right now, listening to Big Daddy Kane -- Long Live The Kane (Ain't No Half-Stepping')

In My Head - Queens of the stone age

...simply great

Hero
I swear

(You don't know the artist even if I tell you:tongue2:)

"Heroes" by David Bowie, perhaps?
Great song.

Mysterious Ways -U2

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Dani California.

It's the first single off their not yet released new album. You can get it off their website here:
http://www.redhotchilipeppers.com/news/news.php?uid=161

Animate- Rush

Hungarian rhapsody no 14 - Franz Liszt

I've been listening to Jethro Tull lately. Last night I listened to ablums "Thick as a Brick" and "Minstrel in the Gallery". I was recently listening to ablums "Stand Up" and "Benefit".

I saw Tull in concert a few times during the 1970's. Always excellent concerts.

Ian Anderson and JT are in a class by themselves.

The Black Album: Metallica
can't stop listening to Enter Sandman :biggrin:

Right now, Muddy Waters. Next song, who knows? I've got a Sony 400 disk carousel player (most of the collection fits in there) and leave it set on "Shuffle". Next song could be by Marc Cohn, Sweethearts of the Rodeo, Clapton, Taj Mahal, Keb' Mo', Robben Ford, Traffic, Allman Bros, Riders in the Sky, Leon Redbone, Led Zep, Satriani, Vai, the Johnsons (Eric or Robert), Reba, Vince Gill, Aerosmith, ZZTop, AC/DC... There's no Rap or Opera in my collection, but there's a little of everything else.

Astronuc said:
I saw Tull in concert a few times during the 1970's. Always excellent concerts.
I saw them on the kickoff of the Aqualung Tour (being in the very northeast corner of the country, Maine got a lot of kick-off performances when I was in college). Anderson threw his flute in the air, spun around once like a baton-twirler and missed the catch. This was apparently not the first time that he blew that move, because a well-prepared roadie tossed him another flute very promptly.

turbo-1 said:
I saw them on the kickoff of the Aqualung Tour (being in the very northeast corner of the country, Maine got a lot of kick-off performances when I was in college). Anderson threw his flute in the air, spun around once like a baton-twirler and missed the catch. This was apparently not the first time that he blew that move, because a well-prepared roadie tossed him another flute very promptly.
I think I heard about that. He caught it in Houston. :rofl: One of Martin Barre's guitars was stolen at the beginning of the show. I think it was returned some days later.

Even after 40 years, The Tull are still going strong and are currently on a lengthy tour of the UK. Locally, the band are playing Bristol's Colston Hall on 16th March.
BBC.

Jethro Tull - The Aqualung Tour

Excerpted from the BBC and edited - Jethro Tull played Birmingham's Symphony Hall on 2nd March, 2006. They apparetly played the entire Aqualung Album in the set, along with the classics and some of the less well known songs.

Ian and Martin are still going strong!

[MEDIA=youtube]CBygW-3ffOY[/MEDIA]&search=liszt[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Brain Damage. If you don't know who wrote it you have no taste in music

rolling stones - always suffering

P.S - About 2 years ago, there was a song I heard many times while sitting in a car. Guy sang about his father, slow rhytm, sad but nice song. I've never gotten to know the title of it, anyone knows what I am talking about? This song was quite famous.

that description's a little vague...no more details?

I know, don't know much about that song. All I know is that that guy sang about his father, like he died. It was many times on the radio and music top lists, besides this, I know nothing about it. I'd really like to have that song, though I know nearly nothing about it.

Yo yomamma you're so cool. :!) You bring luck and inspirations. I just did my google foo for 2003 music toplist +father and I got it all.
That song is Luther Vandross - Dance with my father.
Cool song, take a hear,

http://rapidshare.de/files/11896475/Luther_Vandross_-_Dance_With_My_Father.mp3.html

While I still haven't figured out what I did--thanks

yomamma said:
While I still haven't figured out what I did--thanks
Your inspiration, I believe. :biggrin: Maybe heartless thought - what would yomamma do?

Eminem and Nate Dogg - Shake That.

Weezer - In the Garage

Boogie Down Productions - Poetry

The new song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dani California! :biggrin:

Hmmm, hey mattmns, give me some classic songs. I have been looking for some. I have some RUN DMC stuff, but I need to find some more. Give me suggestions.

Not listening to anything currently but I think the last thing I listened to was Soul Coughing, the Ruby Vroom album.

Well if you want some classic rap from the late 80s check out the following:

--Eric B and Rakim - Paid In Full, and Follow The Leader (imo, Paid in Full is the greatest hip-hop/rap album ever.)
--Boogie Down Productions (BDP) - Criminal Minded, and if you like that, By All Means Necessary (If you want a phyiscal copy of Criminal Minded then you should grab a copy at amazon.com quick, because it is somewhat difficulty to get as it goes in and out of production. Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005QDCC/?tag=pfamazon01-20 )
--Ultramagnetic MCs - Critical Beatdown
--Big Daddy Kane - Long live the Kane and It's a Big Daddy Thing

I would start off with Paid in Full for sure, and if you can, at least get the First album I listed from each group/artist.

Ohh, Cryus I am not sure if you wanted songs or whole albums. Either way, pretty much every song on each album I listed is a classic.

I'll check them out and tell you what I think. Give me some more in the mean time, :wink:

Early\mid 90's stuff is good too.

Those songs are a little too early rap for my taste. You got anything for the early mid 90's?

Yeah Early/Mid 90s is pretty good too, although I prefer the late 80s more.

A Tribe Called Quest: The Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders, and People's Instinctive Travels and the Patterns of Rhythm. (1990-1993?) The last title may be off by a bit, but it is close :smile:
De La Soul: 3 Feet High and Rising (1989)
Jungle Brothers: Straight out the Jungle (1988)

NWA: Straight Outta Compton (1988 or 89)
The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (89 I think)
Dr Dre: The Chronic (90 or 91)
Snoop Dogg: Doggystyle (91 or 92)
2pac: Any of his first 5 or 6 are pretty good. So 2pacalypseNow, Strictly for my Niggaz, Me Against the World, Thug Life Vol 1 ,All Eyes on Me, Don Killuminati: 7 Day Theory. If I had to pick one out of these I would go with Me Against the World.

Notorious BIG: Ready to Die, and Life After Death. (94-96)
Wu-Tang: Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) (93?)
Mobb Deep: Infamous (94?)
Nas: Illmatic (94)?
Jay-Z: Reasonable Doubt(95?)

I added the dates when the albums were released, or at least an estimate, I would have to look up each one to get exacts.

Last edited:
Nas: Illmatic (94)?
Jay-Z: Reasonable Doubt(95?)

Oh, I have had those for a while. Those ARE CLASSIC

I got the presidents to represent me, say what!?

I got dead presidents to represent me!

Its like trying to compare two works of art. None is better than the other. Those Cd's are amazing.

Edit:

Dr Dre: The Chronic (90 or 91)

HAHAHH, I have that. That's too hard core at times. :rofl:

2pac:
Yea, he is good. (but I want something different than him)
Snoop Dogg: Doggystyle (91 or 92) (again, already got him)
Notorious BIG: (got him too)
NWA: Straight Outta Compton (1988 or 89) :rofl: (Not that hard core) :wink:

A Tribe Called Quest: <-- that's a good find.

Last edited:
Ohh no doubt those are classics. Pretty much every cd I listed is a classic. Overall I would put Illmatic at #3, behind Paid In Full and Criminal Minded; You should seriously at least listen to Paid In Full a few times, that is the album that got me hooked on late 80s rap.