Improving User Experience: The Benefits of WYSIWYG Editor

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter I_am_learning
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was discussing the implementation of a WYSIWYG editor for the current editor and the difficulties that may arise. One member complained about the current editor's limitations and formatting issues, while another member suggested learning how to use the current editor properly. The idea of a real-time previewer was also brought up as a possible alternative. Overall, there were differing opinions on the necessity and feasibility of a WYSIWYG editor.
I_am_learning
"Reply Composer Enhancement"

Isn't it high time that we implement WYSIWYG editor?
I don't much know about difficulties in implementing it though, But I sure do know about the easiness in its use. :)

Also, I have one complain on the current editor. It reaps me off multiple spaces and leading spaces, so, I can't seem to format texts as I wish, Like
2) i) Line 1
ii) Line 2

I actually wanted the above to look like
2) i)..Line 1
...ii) Line 2

Physics news on Phys.org

Why don't you learn how to use current editor, it does lists and indentions:

[noparse]
  1. one
  2. two
  3. three
[/noparse]

generates

1. one
  2. two
  3. three

while

[noparse]
  • badger
  • badger
  • badger
    • mushroom
    • mushroom
[/noparse]

gives

• badger
  • badger
  • badger
    • mushroom
    • mushroom

Borek said:
Why don't you learn how to use current editor, it does lists and indentions:

[noparse]
  1. one
  2. two
  3. three
[/noparse]

generates

1. one
  2. two
  3. three

while

[noparse]
  • badger
  • badger
  • badger
    • mushroom
    • mushroom
[/noparse]

gives

• badger
  • badger
  • badger
    • mushroom
    • mushroom

Oh! Thanks for
1. Telling me to
  1. (Edit: How do I remove the blank line above this line?)
  2. learn how to use this editior
  3. giving an example

How could I
  • Ignore the tools?
  • Demand for more?

But still, in this great age of science and technology, wishing for an easier editor isn't such a great wish.
But any way,
  • You solved my problem
  • Showed how ignorant I am

I_am_learning said:
Oh! Thanks for
1. Telling me to
  3. giving an example

List is always surrounded by two empty lines. You mixed standard paragraph with a manually entered number with a list, so you have two lines starting with "1." and a line break between.

But any way,
  • You solved my problem

You are welcome.

I_am_learning said:
Oh! Thanks for
1. Telling me to
  3. giving an example

How could I
  • Ignore the tools?
  • Demand for more?

But still, in this great age of science and technology, wishing for an easier editor isn't such a great wish.
But any way,
  • You solved my problem

Looks like you learn quickly, I_am_learning :biggrin:.

I think it would be fantastic if you could get a WYSIWIG editor, rather than having to preview the post to see what it looks like. But it would probably be enormously difficult to implement, and it might not even be compatible with the vBulletin system.

lugita15 said:
I think it would be fantastic if you could get a WYSIWIG editor, rather than having to preview the post to see what it looks like. But it would probably be enormously difficult to implement, and it might not even be compatible with the vBulletin system.

Ubuntu forums runs VBulletin and they have a WYSIWYG editor, although I don't think its great as you don't actually get a really good preview of it as the textbook is obviously much smaller than a post.

If WYSIWIG is too hard to do, is something like what MathOverflow does feasible, i.e. a realtime previewer?

WYSIWYG is for wimps :tongue2:

1. What is Reply Composer Enhancement?

Reply Composer Enhancement is a feature that allows you to customize your email replies by adding a signature, template, or other formatting options.

2. How do I access Reply Composer Enhancement?

To access Reply Composer Enhancement, you will need to have a compatible email service or software that offers this feature. Look for options such as "reply settings" or "reply customization" in your email settings or options menu.

3. Can I use Reply Composer Enhancement for all of my email accounts?

It depends on the email service or software you are using. Some may allow you to use Reply Composer Enhancement for all of your email accounts, while others may only offer it for certain accounts or for a fee.

4. Are there any limitations to the customization options in Reply Composer Enhancement?

The limitations will vary depending on your email service or software. Some may offer a wide range of customization options, while others may have more limited options. It is best to check with your specific email provider for more information.

5. Is Reply Composer Enhancement available on mobile devices?

Again, this will depend on your specific email service or software. Some may offer Reply Composer Enhancement for mobile devices, while others may not. Check with your provider for more information on mobile compatibility.