Discover the Fascinating WEAX Gravity Experiment | Get More Information Here!"

In summary, the conversation discusses a reference to an experiment called WEAX pertaining to gravity, which can only be found on a members only site. The proposed experiment aims to find discrepancies in Einstein's predictions of gravitational mass within antimatter samples in a microgravity environment. It is suggested that antimatter may not adhere perfectly to the Weak Equivalence Principle, and new tests are being conducted to rule out certain gravity theories.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
i have come across a reference to an experiment pertaining
to gravity, it is called the WEAX experiment, the only
referance i can find on the web is in a members only site
so i wonder if anyone has any info?

http://www.iop.org/EJ/article/0264-9381/18/13/308/q11308.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The pnly info I see is in a site related to the site you linked. According to http://www.iop.org/EJ/S/UNREG/trcrcFBjPyjWFYoBYob.Vw/abstract/0264-9381/18/13/308, the proposed experiment will attempt to find discrepencies from Einstein's predictions of gravitational mass within samples of antimatter in a microgravity environment. It is suggested that antimatter may not adhere perfectly to Al's Weak Equivilancy Principle, and may have an inertial mass theat is not identical to its gravitational mass.

I'm guessing "Weak Equivilancy of Antimatter Experiment" is the acronym's meaning.

thanks LURCH.

there is so much going on in this area of research but
your guess seems about right to me, new tests to rule
in or out certain gravity theories look like they
will provide good results.

1. What is the purpose of the WEAX Gravity Experiment?

The purpose of the WEAX Gravity Experiment is to study the effects of gravity on various objects and materials. This experiment helps us better understand the fundamental laws of physics and how gravity plays a role in our daily lives.

2. How does the WEAX Gravity Experiment work?

The WEAX Gravity Experiment involves dropping objects of different weights and sizes from a specific height. By measuring the time it takes for the objects to fall, we can calculate the acceleration due to gravity. This data is then used to analyze the relationship between mass, distance, and gravitational force.

3. What materials are used in the WEAX Gravity Experiment?

The WEAX Gravity Experiment typically uses common materials such as balls, feathers, paper, and coins. These objects are chosen because they have different masses and shapes, allowing for a diverse range of data to be collected.

4. What are the potential applications of the WEAX Gravity Experiment?

The WEAX Gravity Experiment has several potential applications, including improving our understanding of planetary motion, developing new technology for space exploration, and enhancing our knowledge of the forces that govern our universe. It can also be used in educational settings to teach students about gravity and the scientific method.

5. How can I get involved in the WEAX Gravity Experiment?

The WEAX Gravity Experiment is open to all individuals who are interested in science and physics. You can conduct your own experiment by following the instructions provided, or you can join a research team that is currently studying the effects of gravity. Additionally, you can support the experiment by spreading the word and encouraging others to participate.