Top Wonders of World: Your Opinion Modern/Ancient

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
In summary: On second thought maybe I shouldn't say that. :redface:In summary, the conversation revolves around discussing the top wonders of the world, both modern and ancient. The participants mention various wonders such as Stevie Wonder, Wonder Bread, Wonderama, The Wonder Years, and the Wonder Bra. The conversation also touches upon natural wonders, specifically volcanoes, with a mention of Mt. St. Helens and Crater Lake. Other wonders mentioned include Einstein's room in the Swiss patent office and Greenway Ford/Mercury in Orlando. The conversation also takes a humorous turn with a mention of tennis and a possible connection between a love for volcanoes and Wonder Bras.
quddusaliquddus
Top Wonders of the World in your opinion ... modern/ancient

Physics news on Phys.org
me,

and i would leave it at just me but i needed to type 10 characters, or something.

Stevie Wonder
Wonder Bread
Wonderama
The Wonder Years

and my favorite, the Wonder Bra.

Not to slight the victims, but I like volcano's as well.

slide3.jpg

blast.jpg

Mt St. Helen eruption
http://www.olywa.net/radu/valerie/mshduring.html?

Last edited:
I'm with Ivan... wonderbra

Tsu thinks my fondness for volcanoes and Wonder Bras may be related. :rolleyes:

...always have been a volcano man I guess...

I consider Einstein's room (if there is such a thing) in the Swiss patent office where he wrote and formulated his theories during his free time, one of the wonders of the world.

http://www.aip.org/history/einstein/ae52.htm in Princeton is another one that interest me. And would love to visit sometime as well.

Last edited:
ivan, mt st helens is a wonder, but in my opinion, crater lake is much more of a wonder :)

Greenway Ford/Mercury in Orlando. The largest MFing auto dealership ever. There have to be billions of dollars worth of vehicles there...

Ivan Seeking said:
Tsu thinks my fondness for volcanoes and Wonder Bras may be related. :rolleyes:

...always have been a volcano man I guess...

Lol ... :rofl:

quddusaliquddus said:
Top Wonders of the World in your opinion ... modern/ancient
Anna Kornucopia :tongue2:

BoulderHead ... u obviously like your tennis ;D

[edit]
On second thought maybe I shouldn't say that. :redface:

Last edited by a moderator:
U said it ...

1. What are the top wonders of the modern world?

The top wonders of the modern world are the Great Wall of China, Christ the Redeemer Statue, Machu Picchu, Chichen Itza, the Roman Colosseum, Taj Mahal, and Petra. These were chosen through a global poll conducted by the New7Wonders Foundation in 2007.

2. What are the top wonders of the ancient world?

The top wonders of the ancient world are the Great Pyramid of Giza, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, Statue of Zeus at Olympia, Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, Colossus of Rhodes, and the Lighthouse of Alexandria. These were chosen by Greek historian Antipater of Sidon in 2nd century BC.

3. How were the top wonders of the modern world chosen?

The top wonders of the modern world were chosen through a global poll conducted by the New7Wonders Foundation in 2007. The foundation received over 100 million votes from people all over the world, and the top seven with the most votes were declared the winners.

4. Are there any other top wonders of the world?

There are other lists of top wonders of the world, such as the Seven Wonders of the Natural World and the Seven Wonders of the Industrial World. However, these are not as widely recognized as the Seven Wonders of the Ancient and Modern World.

5. Why do you think these wonders are considered the top wonders of the world?

These wonders were chosen based on their cultural, historical, and architectural significance. They are also considered to be some of the most iconic and recognizable structures in the world. Additionally, they have stood the test of time and continue to amaze and inspire people from all over the world.