High Performance Particle simulation

In summary, High Performance Particle Simulation is a powerful and efficient method for simulating the behavior and interaction of particles in various systems, such as fluids, gases, and solids. It uses advanced algorithms and computing techniques to accurately model complex particle dynamics and interactions, allowing for faster and more accurate simulations than traditional methods. This technology has numerous applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and computer graphics, making it an essential tool for understanding and predicting the behavior of particle systems in the real world.
Dido
I am looking for a help in finding out the recommended programming language for real time (30 frames/ sec) particle simulation. This simulation involves a lot of calculations and Physics (fluids,...).
I do have a little experience with C++ and I want to concentrate a good part of my time on this simulation.
Please if you know any idea, you are welcome.
I thank you in advance.

Technology news on Phys.org
Langauge is arbitrary. You can use any language you are comfortable with. C++'s OOP would make it a little nicer to code, IMHO. You should look up the N-bodies problem, before you really get into it.

wow thank you so much.
Actually in my real time dried-particle simulation, I want to deal with gravitational, pressure, density and shear stress (because of shape change due to an applied pressure).
According to my understanding, it have to show a fluidic behavior like when those particles are spread. Within the involved calculations, It is obvious that the computational cost is really high and to achieve the time-sensitive is challenging for me.
Do you know any technic to handle this?
Do you know any mathematical model suitable for this kind of simulation?
Finally, do you know how I can achieve 30 frame/sec for a real time simulation (high performance).

Last edited:
FOR UPDATES
---------------
Actually in my real time dried-particle simulation, I want to deal with gravitational, pressure, density and shear stress (because of shape change due to an applied pressure).
According to my understanding, it have to show a fluidic behavior like when those particles are spread. Within the involved calculations, It is obvious that the computational cost is really high and to achieve the time-sensitive is challenging for me.
Do you know any technic to handle this?
Do you know any mathematical model suitable for this kind of simulation?
Finally, do you know how I can achieve 30 frame/sec for a real time simulation (high performance).

30fps at runtime is insane. Do you have access The Jaguar? If not, you're going to have to use precomputation. Compute where the stuff should be at every frame, save each as a frame, then use some other program to turn those frames into movies. (or something along those lines)

TylerH said:
30fps at runtime is insane. Do you have access The Jaguar? If not, you're going to have to use precomputation. Compute where the stuff should be at every frame, save each as a frame, then use some other program to turn those frames into movies. (or something along those lines)

OP didn't say how many particles.

The http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit-32-downloads" includes a demo n-body graphical simulator which does thousands of particles at 30 fps. Download that if you have an NVidia GPU, see how many particles it can simulate for you, and take a look under the hood to see if it can accommodate your problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you use a commercial code like fluent or cfd++?

I don't see why not. I would be a lot easier and likely less error prone.

thx for all your help.

What is "High Performance Particle simulation"?

"High Performance Particle simulation" is a computer-based method used by scientists to simulate the behavior and interactions of particles, such as atoms, molecules, or subatomic particles, in various systems. It is a powerful tool for studying and understanding complex phenomena at the microscopic level.

What are the applications of High Performance Particle simulation?

The applications of High Performance Particle simulation are vast and diverse. It is used in fields such as physics, chemistry, materials science, and engineering to study and predict the behavior of particles in different environments. It is also used in drug development, climate modeling, and even in the entertainment industry for special effects.

What makes High Performance Particle simulation different from traditional simulation methods?

High Performance Particle simulation is different from traditional simulation methods in that it utilizes advanced algorithms and high-performance computing to model the behavior of millions of particles simultaneously. This allows for a more accurate and detailed representation of complex systems, which would not be possible with traditional methods.

What are the benefits of using High Performance Particle simulation?

The benefits of using High Performance Particle simulation include its ability to accurately predict the behavior of particles in complex systems, its efficiency in terms of time and resources, and its potential for discovering new insights and understanding fundamental principles of nature.

What are the challenges of High Performance Particle simulation?

One of the main challenges of High Performance Particle simulation is the need for advanced computing resources and expertise. It also requires careful calibration and validation to ensure the accuracy of the results. Additionally, interpreting and visualizing the vast amount of data produced by these simulations can be a daunting task.