Is a Three-Headed Snake a Rare Genetic Mutation or Revered as a Hindu God?

• Thread starter Hyperspace2
  • Start date
In summary, a three-headed snake was photographed in India. It is believed to be a genetic mutation and is extremely rare.
So I found this picture...

432167_173838336054314_100002844475516_232057_1323184658_n.jpg

...posted on this blog http://peaceformeandtheworld.ning.c...living&id=5143044:Group:32809&page=2#comments

over a month ago.

edit: whoops, nvm someone beat me to it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hyperspace2 said:
Well people I was just trying to share my excitement and rare opportunity. I have no interest in claiming and trying hard to give proofs it to be original( it doesn't interest me). I was just trying to get scientifc thoughts of you people.

I believe you gotten thoughts on this, no?

Mech_Engineer
Good find, LOL Puts it in the faked photo category.
Ah fakes for attention.
Suspect I will be seeing it else were, as supposedly real instead of made...

Mech Engineer, you're my new hero :biggrin:

So hyperspace, perhaps an apology is in order??

Inspired by Mech I think we need a new category aside Science Advisor and Homework Helper: Super Sleuths :biggrin:

Hyperspace. I think you owe us something. :rolleyes:

arildno said:
You are an evil, evil man, Mech Engineer, but necessary in this world of woe. :cry:

micromass said:
Mech Engineer, you're my new hero :biggrin:

So hyperspace, perhaps an apology is in order??

Ryan_m_b said:
Inspired by Mech I think we need a new category aside Science Advisor and Homework Helper: Super Sleuths :biggrin:

Thank you, thank you :smile: What can I say, few things give me more pleasure than converting crackpot dreams of fame to a reality of infamy.

Last edited:
As long as we're on this topic, we have this thing pestering our neighborhood.
King-Ghidorah.JPG
It's scaring the children.

Helios said:
As long as we're on this topic, we have this thing pestering our neighborhood.
King-Ghidorah.JPG
It's scaring the children.

Time to bring out the Raid can! :D

ok folks, this has been officially debunked! Thread closed.

<h2>1. Is a three-headed snake a rare genetic mutation?</h2><p>Yes, a three-headed snake is considered a rare genetic mutation. It is estimated that only one in every 10,000 snakes have this abnormality.</p><h2>2. Can a three-headed snake survive in the wild?</h2><p>It is unlikely for a three-headed snake to survive in the wild due to the challenges it faces in hunting and competing for resources. However, some have been observed surviving for a short period of time.</p><h2>3. Are three-headed snakes revered as a Hindu god?</h2><p>Yes, in Hindu mythology, the three-headed snake known as Shesha Nag is believed to be the king of all snakes and a servant of Lord Vishnu.</p><h2>4. How do three-headed snakes differ from regular snakes?</h2><p>Aside from the obvious physical difference of having three heads, three-headed snakes may also have difficulty coordinating their movements and may have issues with digestion due to their abnormal anatomy.</p><h2>5. Is there a scientific explanation for the occurrence of three-headed snakes?</h2><p>While the exact cause is not fully understood, it is believed that three-headed snakes are the result of a genetic mutation or abnormal development during embryonic development.</p>

1. Is a three-headed snake a rare genetic mutation?

Yes, a three-headed snake is considered a rare genetic mutation. It is estimated that only one in every 10,000 snakes have this abnormality.

2. Can a three-headed snake survive in the wild?

It is unlikely for a three-headed snake to survive in the wild due to the challenges it faces in hunting and competing for resources. However, some have been observed surviving for a short period of time.

3. Are three-headed snakes revered as a Hindu god?

Yes, in Hindu mythology, the three-headed snake known as Shesha Nag is believed to be the king of all snakes and a servant of Lord Vishnu.

4. How do three-headed snakes differ from regular snakes?

Aside from the obvious physical difference of having three heads, three-headed snakes may also have difficulty coordinating their movements and may have issues with digestion due to their abnormal anatomy.

5. Is there a scientific explanation for the occurrence of three-headed snakes?

While the exact cause is not fully understood, it is believed that three-headed snakes are the result of a genetic mutation or abnormal development during embryonic development.