Convert this arithmetic to calculus

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of converting arithmetic to calculus and the purpose behind it. The speaker is curious if their math fits into calculus and asks for a more technical version of the math. However, it is explained that calculus and arithmetic solve different types of problems and there is no need to convert the arithmetic to calculus.
mr magoo
a = b : this set = this many pieces
a % b = c : this set % this many pieces = this many sets
c * b = a : this many sets * this many pieces = this set
a : c = b : this set % this many sets = this many pieces per set

step 1.) a = 8 pieces
step 2.) a / 4 pieces per set = 2 sets
step 3.) 2 sets * 4 pieces per set = a
step 4.) a : 2 sets = 4 pieces per set

The whole set equals a, step 2 and step 4 use a.
Step 2 uses a and looks to step 3 to find the value of a.

In step 4, parts "8" from step 2 and part "2" from step 3 are blended together, they equal part "4" from step 2.
Step 2 denominator is 4 pieces per set, there is two sets
Step 4 denominator is two sets, there is 4 per pieces per set

e.g.
step 2 = 8/4 = 2
step 4 = 8/2 = 4

Step 4 quotient equals the value of 1 step.
The denominator gives the value of how many steps total.
There is an beginning step to the numerator "8", which equal the quotient "4".
There is an ending step to the numerator "8", which equals the denominator "2".

_______

The above is the arithmetic, but I want to learn calculus to convert it to calculus but I want to know if it's possible to convert this to calculus first.

So my question is is it possible to convert the arithmetic above to calculus? yes or no.

And my second question is, can you do so and post the math for me to look at so when I know calculus I can read your math for reference?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
mr magoo said:
So my question is is it possible to convert the arithmetic above to calculus? yes or no.

No, and why would you want to anyway? Arithmetic solves one type of problem and calculus (which of course USES arithmetic) solves a different kind. I think perhaps you have a misinformed idea of just what calculus IS.

I don't know calculus yet and didn't have any idea if my math could fit into some high math calculation and decided to ask if it fits into calculus, so I asked here.

I guess the math as it is is as technical as it can be explained.
i was just looking for a more technical version of the math is all, but I guess that's the most technical version of it. Thank you for replying.

What is the difference between arithmetic and calculus?

Arithmetic is the branch of mathematics that deals with basic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Calculus, on the other hand, is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of continuous change and is used to solve problems involving rates of change and area/volume calculations.

Why is it important to convert arithmetic to calculus?

Converting arithmetic to calculus allows us to solve more complex problems that involve continuous change, such as finding the maximum or minimum value of a function, determining the rate of change of a function, or finding the area under a curve.

What are the basic principles of calculus?

The basic principles of calculus include limits, derivatives, and integrals. Limits are used to describe how a function behaves as the input approaches a particular value. Derivatives are used to find the instantaneous rate of change of a function at a given point. Integrals are used to find the area under a curve or the net change of a function over a specific interval.

How do you convert arithmetic expressions to calculus?

To convert arithmetic expressions to calculus, you need to use the basic principles of calculus, such as limits, derivatives, and integrals. For example, an arithmetic expression like f(x) = 2x + 3 can be converted to calculus by taking the derivative of the function to find the slope of the tangent line at a given point.

What are some real-world applications of converting arithmetic to calculus?

Some real-world applications of converting arithmetic to calculus include predicting the growth of populations, determining optimal production levels in economics, analyzing the motion of objects, and understanding the behavior of electric currents. Calculus is also used extensively in fields such as engineering, physics, and finance.