I couldn't add an entry in the library

• Thread starter fluidistic
  • Start date
In summary, a user tried to add the term "Lagrangian" in the library but received an error message at the end. The user does not have enough knowledge on the topic, so they are hoping someone else can add it. They also suggest adding an entry for "Hamiltonian." Another user confirms that the "Lagrangian" entry has been added but is still pending approval. They also mention the idea of adding a group of Hamiltonians. The user who originally tried to add the "Lagrangian" entry is able to see it but does not have enough knowledge to edit it. They suggest that someone with more knowledge can work on it. Overall, there is a discussion about adding these terms to the library
fluidistic
Gold Member
I tried to add the term "Lagrangian" in the library, but at the very end (the save button) I got like an error message without anything written. In other words, a window opened with nothing written in it.
By the way as I never took CM yet, I couldn't do more than just starting the entry. So if anyone can add it up, that'd be nice. Also the Hamiltonian.

Physics news on Phys.org
The 'Lagrangian' entry has been added. It's in moderation until it is approved.

An entry of the 'Hamiltonian' is also a good idea.

Last edited:
Astronuc said:

An entry of the 'Hamiltonia' is also a good idea.

Nice! Thanks!

Astronuc said:

An entry of the 'Hamiltonian' is also a good idea.

I was thinking maybe Hamiltonia meant, a group of Hamiltonians :wink:.

Redbelly98 said:
fluidistic, can you see your Lagrangian entry? And if so, are you able to edit it?

If you have trouble finding the entry, it is at
https://www.physicsforums.com/library.php?do=view_item&itemid=360
Yes I can see it! I would not edit it since I don't really know what to add.
It will not surprises me if the idea of adding the Lagrangian is taking down due to a lack of text/equations. But at least I've tried to add it. If anyone has some free time and knowledge, he knows he can spend it on this. I lack the knowledge. :smile:

Thanks, I was mainly asking because I wondered if non-Mentors could see and edit entries they had created.

1. Why was I unable to add an entry in the library?

There could be several reasons for this, such as the library being closed, the entry limit has been reached, or there may be a technical issue with the library's system. It is best to contact the library staff for assistance.

2. Can I add an entry in the library remotely?

It depends on the library's policies and services. Some libraries may have online forms or systems for adding entries remotely, while others may require in-person submission. It is best to check with the library for their specific guidelines.

3. What information do I need to provide when adding an entry in the library?

The required information may vary depending on the type of entry and the library's guidelines. Generally, you may need to provide the title, author, publication date, and other relevant details about the entry. It is best to check with the library for their specific requirements.

4. How long does it take for the library to process an added entry?

The processing time may vary depending on the library's workload and procedures. It is best to check with the library staff for an estimated timeframe.

5. Can I add an entry to the library if I am not a member?

It depends on the library's policies. Some libraries may allow non-members to add entries, while others may require a membership. It is best to check with the library for their specific guidelines.