Album Cover Quiz: Test Your Music Knowledge!

• Music
  • Thread starter brewnog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quiz
In summary, the artists featured are those that only appear once on the website. Forget about the prize, here's something to keep us all entertained over the festive season!
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Forget about the prize, here's something to keep us all entertained over the festive season!

http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?b=reviews&id=154331

Name the artist and album corresponding to these snippets of album artwork!

So far I've got:

sex pistols - never mind the bollocks
hardfi - stars of cctv
athlete - tourist
kaiser chiefs - employment
primal scream - screamadelica
franz ferdinand - you could have it so much better
the go! team - thunder lightning strike
coldplay - x&y
pink floyd - dark side of the moon
starsailor - on the outside
nirvana - nevermind
gorillaz - demon days
radiohead - the bends
arcade fire - funeral
ben folds - songs for silverman

The banana one, the horizontal colourful stripes one, and the brick wall one are particularly bugging me!

Science news on Phys.org
I only got ONE. And interestingly enough, it's one you didn't get.

I can't believe you got "SP" but not "VU."
And I think there are 3 "LZ" covers if I'm not mistaken.

I got two, but you already have them.

VU is a good hint. If you can't get it, the banana one is Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico

I also saw in there: Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

edit: hmm, we need a better text-hiding color than this.

Last edited:
also: U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind

One of the "hands" covers at the bottom is Bowie, but I can't recall which album. The sepia tone one, also in the bottom row is Led Zep's In through the Out Door.

People, use color=#ececec

example: (highlight to see)

Horizontal colors one - Pink Floyd DSOM

(the only one I got). :frown:

Chi Meson said:
The sepia tone one, also in the bottom row is Led Zep's In through the Out Door.
Are you sure about that? I'm not sure what sepia is, but none of the pictures on the bottom row look like they match this

"And I think there are 3 "LZ" covers if I'm not mistaken."

That would be strange, since it clearly states "all of the artists featured appear only once."

I've only got about 5. I realized after some serious research, that it's a British website, which might explain why many of them will be unrecognizable.

Well aren't we all nit pickey!

I say they are ALL LED ZEP coz that's all that matters!

Whoo hoo!

I don't even like them that much!

Chi Meson said:
Well aren't we all nit pickey!
I say they are ALL LED ZEP coz that's all that matters!
Whoo hoo!
I don't even like them that much!
This is a bizarre response. I get that you're kidding around, I'm just not sure what the kid is.

DaveC426913 said:
I'm just not sure what the kid is.
Multiple Choice:
My jokes are...
(A) Over your head
(B) Beneath your radar
(C) Just not funny

D) Non sequitur.

Is your comment 'being nit picky' directed to me? Cuz I'm not being nit picky (I might be being many things, but nit picky isn't one of them).

The site actually says "all of the artists featured appear only once." If anyone's trying to identify the album covers, they're wasting their time looking for Led Zep albums, since there's only one and we know which it is.

Unfortunately we don't have a sarcasm smiley.

I meant "nit picky" as in "Oh so we have to read the rules, now" [:sarcasm smiley:]

Reading the rules is something I usually do, this time I didn't bother.

THen I was reminded of all the Led Zep fans I knew during High School who though that the universe began and ended with Led Zep; I kinda felt like one of them for a while (stupid, that is) (please, no offense intended to all you modern day Zep fans--you all have taste!)

"...all the Led Zep fans I knew during High School who though that the universe began and ended with Led Zep..."

We called them "F***in' Eh's", because that's all they used to say: "F***in' Eh!"

They had only one style of dress: jean jacket over top of a black/red fleece lumberjack jacket, over a T-shirt, and jeans overflowing their unlaced yellow workboots ("banana boots").

Nowadays of course, Lep Zep is cool again.

Chi Meson said:
I can't believe you got "SP" but not "VU."
And I think there are 3 "LZ" covers if I'm not mistaken.

The site states:Hint: all of the artists featured appear only once.

Therfore there can only be one LZ, and it is definitely House's of the Holy.

The tricky one I eventually got (at least I think!) is to the right of the Floyd classic, is the ZZ-TOP classic ! :cool: L-IM-IN-AT-HER ?

there is also an album there called WOW ?

Spin_Network said:
The site states:Hint: all of the artists featured appear only once.
OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK

Whaddayawant! I didn't read the rules! I'm an Idiot! OK!:eek:

Back to the point, I'm only 7 (seven) covers off winning my girlfriend an iPod, so let's be productive darlings, it's Christmas after all.

xx

Edit: They're not all British, by the way.

Bottom row
Third from the left
Bowie
Heroes
(Not Led Zep)
sod the spoiler font.

1. What is the purpose of the "Album Cover Quiz: Test Your Music Knowledge!" game?

The purpose of the game is to test players' knowledge of popular music by challenging them to identify album covers from a variety of genres and time periods.

2. How many levels are there in the game?

There are currently 10 levels in the game, each with 10 album cover puzzles to solve.

3. Can players choose which genres they want to be quizzed on?

Yes, players can select specific genres or choose to be quizzed on a mix of genres in each level.

4. Is there a time limit for each puzzle?

Yes, players have 30 seconds to correctly identify each album cover. If they are unable to do so, they can use a hint or skip to the next puzzle.

5. Can players compete against their friends in this game?

Not currently, but there are plans to add a multiplayer feature in the future where players can challenge their friends to see who has the better music knowledge.

Back