Mission Mozzarella Sticks Succeeds

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
In summary: I had to throw out a dish because of it. So please, do not let this happen to you!In summary, So! I decided to try to make mozzarella cheese sticks. What happened next will go down in history. Firstly, I found a deep fryer and then got some pre-made cheese sticks. I mixed in an egg, flour, salt, and bread crumbs, but didn't put enough flour in the first time. I put more flour in, but the cheese still wouldn't stick. I put it in the fryer and the cheese melted. Then I tasted the "flour" and it was powdered sugar, not flour. I made molasses by adding powdered sugar to flour. The next
Pengwuino
Gold Member
So! I decided to try to make mozzarella cheese sticks! What happened next will go down in history.

So i found a deep fryer :biggrin: Then I got some pre-made cheese sticks (string cheese to be exact) and some egg, flour, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs. I get a bowl and mix in the egg, flour, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs. Well i didnt put enough flour in the first time so they weren't sticking to the cheese. I put more flour in, still wouldn't stick. Said hell with it, just put them in anyways. So i put it in the fryer and well, the cheese melted.

So I'm like ":grumpy: ", in those exact words! So then i wonder... did my father give me flour? I know when i tried the onion rings, the batter stuck perfectly... So i taste the "flour" and yes, it was powdered sugar, not flour. I pretty much made molasses.

Attempt #2:

So I put out 2 dishes and a bowl. I put flour , salt and pepper in hte first dish, egg in the bowl, and bread crumbs in the second dish. Flour up the cheese sticks, toss them in the egg, bust out the bread crumbs and BOOM! It works! I enjoyed me some cheese sticks :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
why should I care?

yomamma said:
why should I care?

I love this kid :rofl:

yomamma said:
why should I care?

Because i have just achieved in one deep fryer more then you will ever achieve in your life

But I still don't care...

Yum! Make me some! With a side of marinara sauce, please.

So you've now mastered onion rings and cheese sticks. What's next on your list, Pengwuino? Maybe buffalo wings? I think the next PF Superbowl party should be at your house. :approve:

When did i master onion rings? Onion rings humiliated me and then killed my dog. And then they killed my house!

Pengwuino said:
When did i master onion rings? Onion rings humiliated me and then killed my dog. And then they killed my house!
oh, too bad. I thought you'd gotten the hang of that. When you decide to give the deep fryer a rest, I'll teach you how to make oven-baked fries and sweet potato sticks. Good, and good for ya!

just buy one of those fried onion blossom kits at the grocery store

Pengwuino said:
So i taste the "flour" and yes, it was powdered sugar, not flour. I pretty much made molasses.

how can you not be able to tell the difference? powdered sugar is like talc. pastry flour is like that too but all purpose flour is way coarser. i would have thought most people could tell the difference just by touching them.

Evo said:
Or just go to The Outback and buy one already made. :biggrin:

fourier jr said:
how can you not be able to tell the difference? powdered sugar is like talc. pastry flour is like that too but all purpose flour is way coarser. i would have thought most people could tell the difference just by touching them.

may not have been all-purpoes flour. The sugar was coarser then our flower

Moonbear said:
Or just go to The Outback and buy one already made. :biggrin:
I love those! Those flowering onions are great.

Evo said:
Say what?! Are trying to tell me that those things are commercially available? I've sure never seen one in a store. Is that some Yank specialty?

Last edited:
Penguin rings are also very tasty.

Danger said:
Say what?! Are trying to tell me that those things are commercially available? I've sure never seen one in a store. Is that some Yank specialty?
Lots of stores sell them.

Here's a place online that sells the kit. http://shop.brylanehome.com/product-123/7483/85368/1.htm

And Evo still won't compliment my skills! I am sad, Evo hates me :cry: :cry: :cry:

you lack skills...I'm sure Pizza hut has much better breatsticks

Pengwuino said:
And Evo still won't compliment my skills! I am sad, Evo hates me :cry: :cry: :cry:
I thought I had complemented your fine culinary skills. I'm sorry. (throws penqwuino some fried fish)

I mean, it's not everyone that attempts to fry cheese in powdered sugar. :bugeye:

Ivan Seeking said:
Penguin rings are also very tasty.
mmmmmm.. Pengwuin-Os! :rofl:

Do you serve those with ketchup or cocktail sauce?

Math Is Hard said:

They're nasty...they taste like sugar and cheese

Math Is Hard said:

:rofl: With fish sauce, I think. :biggrin:

I think pengwuin-Os can be served with any of the above, however Pengwuin Poppers should only be served with fish sauce.

:grumpy:

THREAD CLOSED!

Pengwuino said:

THREAD CLOSED!

Do not worry penguin, i once mistook garam masala for soft brown sugar.

Pengwuino said:

THREAD CLOSED!
If it's any consolation, one of my friends made a sauce to pour over a cake and mixed up the salt and sugar (he buys both in bulk and mixed up the cannisters...I've never known anyone else to keep salt in a cannister) and didn't realize it until he had just poured it over the entire cake (one he made from scratch that takes a LONG time to prepare) and licked some off his finger when done. :yuck: :cry: Then again, salt and sugar seem a little easier to confuse than flour and powdered sugar. :wink: :rofl:

Pengwuino said:
I am sad, Evo hates me :cry: :cry: :cry:
The list is long. It gets longer with every thread you start.

What is Mission Mozzarella Sticks Succeeds?

Mission Mozzarella Sticks Succeeds is a scientific research project aimed at creating the perfect mozzarella stick. The project involves experimentation and data analysis to determine the best ingredients, cooking methods, and storage techniques for optimal taste and texture.

Who is conducting the research for Mission Mozzarella Sticks Succeeds?

The research for Mission Mozzarella Sticks Succeeds is being conducted by a team of scientists with expertise in food science, chemistry, and culinary arts. The team is led by a head researcher and includes graduate students, lab technicians, and industry professionals.

How is the success of Mission Mozzarella Sticks Succeeds measured?

The success of Mission Mozzarella Sticks Succeeds is measured through a combination of taste tests, texture analysis, and consumer surveys. The team also collects data on the cost and feasibility of implementing the optimal mozzarella stick recipe in a commercial setting.

What are the potential applications of the research from Mission Mozzarella Sticks Succeeds?

The research from Mission Mozzarella Sticks Succeeds has potential applications in the food industry, specifically in the production and marketing of mozzarella sticks. The findings could also inform the development of new food products and improve the overall understanding of food science and chemistry.

What is the expected timeline for completing Mission Mozzarella Sticks Succeeds?

The timeline for completing Mission Mozzarella Sticks Succeeds will depend on the progress of the research and availability of resources. However, the team anticipates completing the project within two years and publishing their findings in a scientific journal within the following year.