Physics careers with only A-Levels

In summary, the speaker is a 17-year-old currently studying Maths, Physics, and Chemistry at college. They feel like going to university is being pushed on them and are looking for alternative paths, specifically apprenticeships related to physics or chemistry. They are seeking advice and experiences from others and suggest pursuing a passion for the subjects or engaging in a physical activity such as martial arts or meditation to stay happy and focused. English is their fourth language and they have been learning for a month.
JoeHogan
I'm 17 and currently studying Maths, Physics and Chemistry A2's at college. I keep feeling like going to university is being pushed upon me and I am looking for alternatives.

Does anybody know any apprenticeship style paths that I could follow relating to physics or possibly even chemistry?

Any help or peoples experiences would be great, thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
JoeHogan said:
I'm 17 and currently studying Maths, Physics and Chemistry A2's at college. I keep feeling like going to university is being pushed upon me and I am looking for alternatives.

Does anybody know any apprenticeship style paths that I could follow relating to physics or possibly even chemistry?

Any help or peoples experiences would be great, thanks.

hahahahha it is the same as me but i want to tell you something if you want to study physics or math you need to love it when you love it you will learn it better as before and another alternative is just make some martial arts sports i make thai boks and it keeps me happy all the time and make meditation before you go to scholl sorry for my english if i wrote any gramatic failurs english is my 4 lengauge and i have starte since one month to learn it so i am not such good on it but it is going better every day

Last edited by a moderator:

There are definitely alternative paths you can take in the field of physics without going to university. Some options include pursuing apprenticeships, internships, or entry-level positions at companies or research institutions. You can also consider enrolling in a vocational program or technical school that specializes in physics or related fields. Additionally, there are many online courses and certifications available that can help you gain practical skills and knowledge in physics. It's important to research and explore your options to find the best fit for your interests and career goals. Good luck!

1. What career options are available with only A-Levels in Physics?

With only A-Levels in Physics, you can pursue careers in various scientific fields such as research, engineering, teaching, and healthcare. You can also work in industries like aerospace, energy, and telecommunications.

2. Can I work as a physicist with only A-Levels in Physics?

While having only A-Levels in Physics may limit your opportunities in becoming a professional physicist, you can still work as a laboratory assistant or technician in a research institution or industry. You can also use your knowledge in other fields that require a strong foundation in Physics.

3. Are there any additional qualifications or certifications required for a Physics career with only A-Levels?

Depending on the specific field or job you are interested in, you may need to acquire additional qualifications or certifications. For example, if you want to work as an engineer, you may need to obtain a relevant engineering degree or certification. However, for some entry-level positions, having only A-Levels in Physics may be sufficient.

4. What skills are essential for a successful Physics career with only A-Levels?

Aside from a strong understanding of Physics concepts and theories, you will also need good analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a team. You may also need to have good computer skills and proficiency in using various scientific software.

5. Can I continue my education and pursue a higher degree with only A-Levels in Physics?

Yes, you can continue your education and pursue a higher degree in Physics or a related field with only A-Levels in Physics. However, you may need to take additional courses or complete a foundation year to meet the entry requirements for a degree program. It is also important to research the specific requirements of the university you wish to apply to.