, regarding breathable material

• Thread starter Detlen1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Material
In summary, the person is looking for a suit that can be worn at work, has a different design and material, but is still comfortable. They are also looking for an auto unlock for doors.
Detlen1
Eager young mind at work

im trying to come up with a concept of a suit that you ware at work, the main purpose is to let you have in on (like a uniform) but with a different design and material i have done some research but let's face it unless there is a different browser out there that I am not aware of; Google and Yahoo is not cutting it for me. (short of calling/investigating different corps.)

Now this is the issue. I am looking for an inside/outside ware sort of like MILATEX™ or GORE-TEX® material but just less robust and more like a tight woven cotton/polyester suit however it needs to have some of the same traits as the other do like water repellent but not too dense that it affects your body temp. example more inside ware than a true affective outside ware, kind of like a wet suit but more affective in a common sense. if there are any ideas i would be most grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Problem is that this sort of specific information is worth real money and much of it isn't in the public domain.

I have an ultra-lightweight and breathable poncho made by DriDucks. It says it's made from 100% polypropalene, which has been around for decades. It's quite comfortable, and if if there were a single piece suit, say coveralls made of the stuff, I think it would work quite well. It might be a little warm, but nice.

ok ty, I’m trying to make something like a star trek suit but NOT, and i have some ideas into making it into a uniform for EMS and so forth however more like under uniform, so more inside ware but outer ware too just not heavy duty. so ill take a look, if any other ideas come to mind please let me know, its still a work in progress.

on the same note can anyone explain and give me an idea how to make a auto unlock for doors and such, like (i forget what car(s) can auto unlock a car door when u get in proximity to it) auto unlock. hope I’m not being to vague.

Last edited:

As a scientist, it is exciting to see a young mind exploring new concepts and materials. Breathable materials have been a topic of interest in the scientific community for many years, and there are a variety of options available. It is important to consider the specific needs and requirements of your work environment when choosing a breathable material for a suit.

In terms of research, it may be helpful to expand your search beyond just Google and Yahoo. There are many scientific databases and journals that contain valuable information on materials and their properties. Additionally, reaching out to corporations or experts in the field may provide valuable insights and recommendations.

Some potential materials that could meet your criteria include microfiber blends, bamboo fabric, or even specialized coatings on traditional materials like cotton or polyester. It will be important to test these materials in various conditions to ensure they meet the necessary requirements of breathability and water repellency.

Overall, it is a challenging but worthwhile pursuit to find a breathable material that meets your specific needs. Keep exploring and experimenting, and don't be afraid to seek out advice and resources from other scientists and experts in the field. Best of luck in your research and development.

1. What makes a material breathable?

A breathable material allows air and moisture to pass through it, creating a comfortable and dry environment. This is typically achieved through the use of porous or moisture-wicking fabrics that allow air to circulate and sweat to evaporate.

2. Why is breathable material important?

Breathable materials are important because they help regulate body temperature and prevent moisture buildup, which can lead to discomfort and even skin irritation. They are especially beneficial for athletes and those in hot or humid climates.

3. How does breathable material impact the environment?

Breathable materials can have a positive impact on the environment, as they often use natural, sustainable fibers and allow for better air circulation and moisture management, reducing the need for excessive air conditioning or heating.

4. What are some common types of breathable materials?

Some common types of breathable materials include cotton, linen, bamboo, wool, and certain types of synthetic fabrics such as polyester and nylon that have been designed to be moisture-wicking.

5. How can I determine if a material is breathable?

To determine if a material is breathable, you can look for words like "breathable," "moisture-wicking," or "ventilated" in the product description or materials list. You can also do a simple test by blowing air through the fabric and seeing how easily it passes through.