Velocity of a proton after accelerated through potential

In summary, the problem involves finding the final speed of a proton that has been accelerated through a potential of 6.3 × 105 V. The formula to use is W = qV, where V is the potential difference and q is the charge of the particle. The work done by the potential difference is then converted to the kinetic energy of the proton. The mass of the proton is given as 1.673 × 10-27 kg.
Taryn
hey Hoping that someone could possibly help me start this problem... I don't know which formula to use... maybe something to do with Kinetic energy... but like I said I am not sure how to start this problem!
Thanks for your time... here is the question!

A proton is accelerated from rest through a potential of 6.3 × 105 V. What is its final speed in m/s? (mp = 1.673 × 10-27 kg.)

Its really simple I know but for someone reason it has me stumped

Physics news on Phys.org
Hint: W = qV
where V is p.d and q the charge.
The work done by the p.d is converted to the KE of the particle.

thanks I think me got the answer now thanks!

What is the velocity of a proton after it is accelerated through a potential?

The velocity of a proton after it is accelerated through a potential can be calculated using the equation v = sqrt(2*q*V/m), where q is the charge of the proton, V is the potential, and m is the mass of the proton.

What factors affect the velocity of a proton after it is accelerated through a potential?

The velocity of a proton is affected by the strength of the potential, the charge of the proton, and the mass of the proton. As the potential or charge increases, the velocity will also increase. However, as the mass increases, the velocity will decrease.

What units are used to measure the velocity of a proton?

The velocity of a proton is typically measured in meters per second (m/s). However, it can also be measured in other units such as kilometers per second (km/s) or miles per hour (mph).

How is the velocity of a proton related to its kinetic energy?

The velocity of a proton is directly related to its kinetic energy. As the velocity increases, the kinetic energy of the proton also increases. This relationship is described by the equation KE = 1/2 * m * v^2, where KE is the kinetic energy, m is the mass of the proton, and v is the velocity.

Why is it important to calculate the velocity of a proton after it is accelerated through a potential?

Calculating the velocity of a proton after it is accelerated through a potential is important in understanding the behavior and properties of particles in electric fields. It is also crucial in applications such as particle accelerators, where precise control of particle velocity is necessary for experiments and research.