When Seagulls Go Bad: The Doritos Commercial That Never Was

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, a smart bird named Dr Foofer loves Doritos and Cheetos and will go to great lengths to get them, even if it means stealing them from a convenience store. This behavior may seem cute now, but could potentially lead to a life of crime in the future.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
:rofl: I can't believe they haven't made a Doritos commercial out of this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Killer!

Smart bird! Dr Foofer *loves* doritos, he'll claw the bag open and help himself to them. He also loves Cheetos.

turbo-1 said:
Killer!

I think it's funny that he always goes for the same brand and flavor. Probably just likes the bright orange package.

Evo said:
Smart bird! Dr Foofer *loves* doritos, he'll claw the bag open and help himself to them. He also loves Cheetos.

I'm just imagining Foofer covered in Cheeto dust, trying to look innocent. :rofl:

Math Is Hard said:
I'm just imagining Foofer covered in Cheeto dust, trying to look innocent. :rofl:
Those orange lips are a dead giveaway. :biggrin:

Funny how it RUNS out with the goods!

From the title, it hinted at one of the cooked birds being in the refrigerator too long

:rofl: Of course, if they wanted to stop it, all they need to do is close the shop door. I'm guessing they find it cute and don't mind feeding the seagull a bag of Doritos every so often.

I thought that was really funny too, hypatia...it walks in all casual-like, and then snatches the bag and runs. :rofl:

My wife and I got a kick out of that video. The seagull comes in, cases the joint quickly, grabs the loot and runs outside. Not much different than human thieves, really.

Moonbear said:
I thought that was really funny too, hypatia...it walks in all casual-like, and then snatches the bag and runs. :rofl:

My thought exactly. :rofl:

TOO funny! :rofl:

It seems cute now, but just wait.

This is how street gangs start. It's only a matter of time before this guy has his minions doing his stealing for him.

1. What is "When Seagulls Go Bad: The Doritos Commercial That Never Was" about?

"When Seagulls Go Bad" is a parody commercial that was never officially released by Doritos. It depicts a group of seagulls terrorizing beach-goers and stealing their Doritos, until one brave individual stands up to them with a bag of Doritos Roulette.

2. Why was "When Seagulls Go Bad" never officially released?

The commercial was considered too controversial for its violent and aggressive depiction of seagulls, and was ultimately pulled from airing.

3. Is there any scientific evidence to suggest that seagulls can become aggressive over food?

Yes, there have been numerous studies and observations of seagulls exhibiting aggressive behavior towards humans over food, particularly in heavily populated areas where they have become accustomed to being fed by humans.

4. What is the significance of Doritos Roulette in the commercial?

Doritos Roulette was a limited edition flavor of Doritos where some chips were extremely spicy, while others were not. In the commercial, the protagonist uses the spicy chips to defeat the seagulls, implying that the intense flavor would deter them from stealing his Doritos.

5. How did the concept of "When Seagulls Go Bad" come about?

The concept was developed as part of a Doritos commercial competition, where contestants could submit their own ideas for a Doritos commercial. "When Seagulls Go Bad" was one of the top entries, but ultimately did not make it to the final round due to its controversial nature.