Pre - employment strenght test

In summary, the conversation revolves around a person who had an interview for a job at a brewery, but did not do well on the test and is now facing a strength test. Despite having lower back problems and epileptic seizures, the person is determined to get the job because of the free beer. In the end, it is mentioned that the person may need medical help and good benefits.
tumor
Few weeks ago I had interview for a job( sitting at the conveyor belt and checking beer bottles :approve: ) at the big national brewery,I was speachless when I had to answer 50 questions in a 12 minutes.I could not answer even 5 of them :redface: .So they thank me for coming and told me to wait for phone call if they are interested in me.
I almost forgot about that interview but then Holy Cow! yesterday they called me back but I have to go for a strenght test now,while my lower back is killing me,sometimes I can't even get up from the chair not to mention lifting something heavy from the floor.
My question;did anyone of you went thru this strenght test? is there a lot of lifting and stuff?do I stand a chance?

Physics news on Phys.org
The only person who can answer your questions is probably your prospective employer. You should be honest about your lower back problems, because your health might be endangered.

- Warren

chroot said:
The only person who can answer your questions is probably your prospective employer. You should be honest about your lower back problems, because your health might be endangered.

- Warren

Yes, but I really need job, my savings are almost depleted.I try to keep you posted on what happened tomorow,wish me luck.

I took a strength test for the phone company. All I had to do was to hold this scale device in front of my chest and pull with both arms. Then they read the meter.

Go see a chiropractic for your back.

Hey! I'm back from the strenght test.They tested my legs ,arms, and lower back, somehow I managed to do all the bending and lifting without falling apart (Lower back is killing me)
Results of the tests going to be send to my potential employer on monday, I hope I'm going to get the job at the brewery :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:
Besides my problems with lower back I also suffer from epileptic seizures, I instead told them my health is perfect Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha! Suckers :rofl:

Epileptic seizures... back problems... and you lie?

That seems far more important than a job.

dekoi said:
Epileptic seizures... back problems... and you lie?

That seems far more important than a job.

This job is not some kind of ordinary job, this is BREWREY! job, FREE BEER,BEER,BEER Man! For a guy beer is more important than health stuff!
I'm on medicine now and long time passed since I found my self in the emergency room. I will be fine :approve:

Last edited:
It seems like he has some other problems in addition to his epileptic seizures and back problems. Maybe with some good medical benefits, he'll get the help he really needs.

1. What is a pre-employment strength test?

A pre-employment strength test is a type of assessment that measures a candidate's physical strength and abilities to perform specific job tasks. These tests are often used by employers to determine if an applicant has the necessary physical capabilities to perform the job requirements.

2. Why do employers use pre-employment strength tests?

Employers use pre-employment strength tests to ensure that candidates can safely and effectively perform the physical tasks required for the job. These tests also help employers identify potential candidates who are physically capable of handling the demands of the job, reducing the risk of workplace injuries and accidents.

3. What types of jobs require pre-employment strength tests?

Pre-employment strength tests are commonly used for physically demanding jobs such as construction workers, firefighters, police officers, warehouse workers, and healthcare professionals. However, any job that involves physical tasks or heavy lifting may require a pre-employment strength test.

4. How are pre-employment strength tests administered?

Pre-employment strength tests can be administered in a variety of ways, including in-person at a testing facility, online, or through a mobile app. These tests can also be conducted by a third-party company hired by the employer or by the employer's own HR department.

5. Can a candidate prepare for a pre-employment strength test?

While a candidate cannot fully prepare for a pre-employment strength test, they can improve their physical fitness and strength through regular exercise and training. It is also important for candidates to get a good night's sleep before the test and to follow any instructions provided by the employer or testing company.