Hot & Sexy Physicists: John Hagelin

In summary, the author thinks that John Hagelin (prepped at Choate Rosemary Hall, Dartmouth undergrad, Harvard PHD, post grad work at CERN) is all that and a bag of chips, and he looks so different than shall we say a "random sample" of the writer's previous gentleman friends. They also mention the attractive girl physicist in Angels and Demons. They mention that there are not always the males that are wired wrong, and there are females that are wired for predation and have some other attributes they can they can break though your defenses with. They also mention that there are "in the closet" physicists.
swat4life
Hot, Sexy Physicists...

I don't know why but I think that John Hagelin (prepped at Choate Rosemary Hall, Dartmouth undergrad, Harvard PHD, post grad work at CERN) is all that and a bag of chips! And he looks so different than shall we say a "random sample" of the writer's previous gentleman friends...

Do you think somehow one's attraction to another's intellect could cross wire the senses and make one have a physical reaction generated from an originally intellectual "stimulation"?

I don't know. At any rate, I know this is terribly childish but I'd curious to see some pics, lol...

hagelin_onset.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org

....?

Hmmm...that's how it's always been for me. Charm, smarts, honesty, humor...that's the good stuff, where attraction starts. I'd hate to be wired like a male, who tend to put the physical first...they must go through an awful lot of false positives.

swat4life said:
I don't know. At any rate, I know this is terribly childish but I'd curious to see some pics, lol...

hagelin_onset.jpg

Maybe it's just this pic, but he looks like he's about to give us "This Week In Sports Around The Globe".

I think I should change the title of this thread to "Hot, Sexy Male Physicists... "

Cyrus and I apparently clicked in and went EEEEeeeewwwwww! :yuck: Yuck!

Kind of like that old "Cheers" episode on TV, where Rebecca tricked Sam and Woodie into thinking that they were each kissing her in the dark...

Last edited:

lisab said:
Hmmm...that's how it's always been for me. Charm, smarts, honesty, humor...that's the good stuff, where attraction starts. I'd hate to be wired like a male, who tend to put the physical first...they must go through an awful lot of false positives.
It's not always the males that are wired wrong - there are females that are wired for predation and have some other attributes they can they can break though your defenses with. A former roommate in college had a girlfriend that wanted to visit, and she dragged over a very pretty and barely legal girl who glommed onto me. My (all-male) house-mates had all seen her and thought that she was pretty hot. I had been getting familiar with a nice lady that shared my love for blues/rock music and art, and she and I were heading back to my place to share some wine, snacks, and music and when we got to my bedroom/living space, there was a naked teen-aged girl in my bed waiting for me. Neither of them were happy campers. Apparently, the friend of my friend's girlfriend thought that she was going to "surprise" me. I was surprised, but not pleasantly.

EDIT: I guess this could have gone into the worst first date thread. It certainly was a really bad first date, and I had a particular interest in the lady, and it ticked me off to have the situation destroy our growing connections in jazz, blues, etc.

Last edited:

Hot, Sexy Physicists

swat4life said:
I'd curious to see some pics, lol..

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1172/redhotoptics.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

The girl physicist in Angels and Demons was quite attractive.

We can ignore the fact that she's not actually a physicist.

rootX said:
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1172/redhotoptics.jpg [Broken]
[/URL]

LOL. Sorry but that's not quite my class of wine if you know what I mean, lol. However, in all fairness she does look attractive...
Out of sheer boredom I googled for some pics...wonder what these "CERN Hotties" are up to, LOL!

http://www.nauka.gov.rs/eng/images/zoom/YUPLNL/cern_4.jpg [Broken]

Let's not forget Dr. Christmas Jones.
... an expert in nuclear weapons.

http://www.jamesbondmm.co.uk/images/bond-girls/twine/dr008.jpg [Broken]

Where are all the hott nerdy guys?

mcknia07 said:

haha, interesting query.

H.N.Gs FTW!

lol...

ps
I think they are "in the closet". Meaning they don't want their "cool" friends to know how much of a nerd/geek they are. I personally am totally in the closet on this forum - it is quite cathartic and refreshing. I doubt the chicks at the http://forum.purseblog.com/" [Broken] would have any idea of my alter ego :D

mcknia07 said:

Here you go:
skepdude_calendar_big.jpg

From the 2007 "skepdude" calendar; the bad astronomer "Phil Plait". Source.

sylas said:
Here you go:
skepdude_calendar_big.jpg

From the 2007 "skepdude" calendar; the bad astronomer "Phil Plait". Source.

HAHA!
Not bad...Looks like he's either a)embarking on a new exploration of empirical archaeoastronomy or b) REALLY happy to see someone, lol!

Oh, I forgot to add, YOUNG, to the requirements, lol

mcknia07 said:
Oh, I forgot to add, YOUNG, to the requirements, lol

here ..

FatNerd.jpg

Is this the guy you were looking for? :)

Cyrus said:
....?

he is calling rule #34 on John Hagelin I think.

rootX said:
here ..

Is this the guy you were looking for? :)

Might I say...UGH... Oh my bad, is that you?? lol

TheStatutoryApe said:
he is calling rule #34 on John Hagelin I think.

Aaaaaaand now I'm leaving this thread.

lisab said:
I'd hate to be wired like a male, who tend to put the physical first...they must go through an awful lot of false positives.

For me at least the physical aspect is only what catches my attention at first, after that its personality, smarts, etc.

moose said:
Aaaaaaand now I'm leaving this thread.

Yeah, no kidding. I need to lock this now. As an EMT, anyone of you could be my pt at some point, even the guy in the pic. Maybe start a different thread that doesn't have the predisposition to degrade as quickly? ...

1. Who is John Hagelin and why is he considered a "hot and sexy" physicist?

John Hagelin is an American particle physicist and consciousness researcher. He gained attention for his good looks and charming personality, which earned him the title of "hot and sexy" among his colleagues and fans.

2. What are John Hagelin's notable contributions to the field of physics?

John Hagelin has made significant contributions to the fields of quantum mechanics, unified field theory, and cosmology. He has also conducted groundbreaking research on the effects of meditation on brain function and consciousness.

3. How did John Hagelin become involved in the study of consciousness?

John Hagelin's interest in consciousness began during his undergraduate studies at Dartmouth College, where he explored the links between physics and consciousness. He continued his research while pursuing his graduate studies at Harvard University and eventually became a leading figure in the field of consciousness research.

4. What makes John Hagelin stand out among other physicists?

Aside from his good looks and charismatic personality, John Hagelin is known for his interdisciplinary approach to science. He combines principles and methods from physics, biology, and psychology to understand the nature of consciousness and the universe.

5. How has John Hagelin's research impacted society?

John Hagelin's research on unified field theory and consciousness has led to a better understanding of the fundamental nature of reality and its connection to human consciousness. This has implications for various fields such as education, healthcare, and personal development.

Back