Register to reply

Did I experience time dilation or something?

by Genecks
Tags: dilation, experience, time
Share this thread:
Genecks
Apr9-14, 01:06 AM
P: 150
So, I am learning about atomic clocks.

I went to this website: http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/simpletime.html

And I started watching the atomic clock on that website tick away. It was ok and cool. At the moment, the website is frozen with "Loading..." for each time zone.

When I started playing with the website, I decided to grab my cellphone. I was thinking it probably gets its time from some cellphone tower. I don't know. Anyway, I grabbed it, sat on my bed, looked at the website time, and then I started looking at the cellphone's time. The cellphone has some text that scrolls on the bottom of it telling me how many service days I have left. However, as the text began scrolling, it froze. It froze. I mean, it's like it got stuck in time. And I was sitting on my bed, conscious, thinking that's really weird, and then I looked up at the website clock and back at my phone, and it's like time passed really quick and the marquee on my phone scrolled faster than usual. I felt like time jumped ahead. It made me think of jet lag or something, and I could not explain the phenomenon.

Did I experience some kind of time effect?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Refocusing research into high-temperature superconductors
Neutron tomography technique reveals phase fractions of crystalline materials in 3-dimensions
Tiny magnets, huge fields: Nanoscale ferromagnetic electrodes create chemical equivalent of solid-state spin valve
dipole
Apr9-14, 01:11 AM
P: 433
Was your bed moving at relativistic speeds?
SteamKing
Apr9-14, 02:09 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 6,344
Time doesn't stop just because your phone did.

Register to reply