Is the Pink Ribbon Cursed? The Mysterious Disappearance of PF Members

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, there is a rumor that members must sacrifice themselves to a volcano in order to receive the "funniest member" badge. However, the recipient has not actually done this. There is also a rumor that the color pink is a problem because it is not the most masculine color. Franzbear is nominated for the 2006 award for being the funniest member.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Seriously, once a member receives it, he become very scarce around PF. Maybe it's the color that's a problem? Pink isn't the most masculine color and the last two recipients have been male. Maybe wearing a "funniest member" badge is just too much pressure on the awardee to consistently be humorous?

or maybe there's some truth to those volcano sacrifice rumors? :bugeye:

Physics news on Phys.org
We have not sacrificed any members to a volcano that I'm allowed to tell you about.

I can confirm that there is no "offical" record of any volcano sacrifices. :uhh:

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I was just.. confused. My mistake. Anyway, I nominate franzbear for Funniest Member 2006.

We were trying to have a virgin sacrifice to the PF God, but as Moonbie has pointed out, we couldn't find any.

Zz.

I thought it was some cult of the Pink Ribbon in which recievers must sacrifice themselves the the Pink god.

Math Is Hard said:
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I was just.. confused. My mistake. Anyway, I nominate franzbear for Funniest Member 2006.

Agreed, we can chuck him into the volcano. PLEAESE.

Oooo...pink ribbon, pink ribbon! I want a pink ribbon!

Black is a much better, much more masculine colour.

Bladibla said:
Black is a much better, much more masculine colour.

Just ask Johnny Cash.

Rut roh, looks like zoob is going into the volcano.

I think I should get the pink ribbon. Cause you can bet I'm never leaving.

I'm going up the ranks, first Silver medal for thread-killing, then 1,010 posts, soon I'll get that ribbon! Full flaps dammit! That's a tennis court!

ZapperZ said:
We were trying to have a virgin sacrifice to the PF God, but as Moonbie has pointed out, we couldn't find any.

Zz.

achem! Wait--volcano?

What is the Pink Ribbon curse?

The Pink Ribbon curse is a superstition that suggests any person or organization that uses or promotes the pink ribbon symbol for breast cancer awareness will experience negative consequences or bad luck.

Is there any evidence to support the Pink Ribbon curse?

No, there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of the Pink Ribbon curse. It is a superstition that has been passed down through word of mouth and has no basis in scientific fact.

Why do people believe in the Pink Ribbon curse?

People may believe in the Pink Ribbon curse due to a combination of fear and confirmation bias. Fear of negative consequences can lead people to believe in superstitions, and confirmation bias causes them to only remember instances where the curse seemed to come true, while ignoring times when it did not.

Does the Pink Ribbon curse have any negative impact on breast cancer awareness?

The Pink Ribbon curse can have a negative impact on breast cancer awareness by causing people to avoid using the pink ribbon symbol or participating in campaigns and events that promote it. This can ultimately hinder efforts to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research and support.

What can be done to dispel the belief in the Pink Ribbon curse?

To dispel the belief in the Pink Ribbon curse, it is important to educate people about the lack of evidence and scientific basis for the curse. Encouraging critical thinking and promoting evidence-based beliefs can help combat superstitions and promote a more rational understanding of the world.

Back