Is a zero energy universe a consequence from FRWL equations

In summary, the conversation is discussing the possibility of a zero universe and its relationship to FRWL and Einstein equations. It is suggested to consider some papers, such as "Birth of the Universe," "A Universe from Nothing," and "Simple quantum cosmology," for more insight into the questions.
hurk4
In order to speed up an insight into this question, which I posed to myself, I try PF to give me one or more reactions.
My complete question is:
Is a zero universe a consequence of FRWL equations/solutions? Are FRWL equations/solutions a subset of the Einstein equations? If yes, to one or both questions, do Einsteins SR and or GR equations leave freedom for for non-zero energy universes? :frown:

Space news on Phys.org
Not necessarily. Some papers to consider:

Birth of the Universe
http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~js/ast123/lectures/lec17.html

A Universe from Nothing
http://www.astrosociety.org/pubs/mercury/31_02/nothing.html

Simple quantum cosmology: Vacuum energy and initial state
http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0501014

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are FRWL equations and how do they relate to a zero energy universe?

FRWL equations, also known as the Friedmann-Robertson-Walker-Lemaitre equations, are a set of equations in cosmology used to describe the evolution of the universe. These equations incorporate the theory of general relativity and are used to model the expansion of the universe. A zero energy universe is a concept that arises from these equations, suggesting that the total energy of the universe is exactly zero.

2. How would a zero energy universe be possible?

A zero energy universe is possible if the positive energy of matter and the negative energy of gravity cancel each other out. This means that the total energy of the universe would be exactly zero, allowing for a balanced and stable system.

3. What evidence supports the idea of a zero energy universe?

There is currently no direct evidence that supports the idea of a zero energy universe. However, the concept is a consequence of the FRWL equations, which have been extensively tested and used to make accurate predictions about the universe. Additionally, the discovery of dark energy, which has a negative energy density, further supports the possibility of a zero energy universe.

4. Could there be alternative explanations for the zero energy universe?

Yes, there are alternative explanations for a zero energy universe, such as the idea of a multiverse where the total energy is balanced across multiple universes. However, the zero energy universe concept is currently the most widely accepted explanation based on current scientific understanding and evidence.

5. Does a zero energy universe have any implications for the future of the universe?

It is difficult to say for certain as the concept of a zero energy universe is still a theory and has not been proven. However, if it were to be true, it could suggest that the universe will continue to expand indefinitely without collapsing back on itself. This could have implications for the ultimate fate of the universe, but further research and evidence is needed to confirm this idea.