Naomi Klein vs. Milton Friedman

• News
  • Thread starter Economist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Klein
In summary, the conversation revolves around a video where clips of Naomi Klein and Milton Friedman are put together to simulate a debate. The speaker expresses curiosity about whether anyone on the forum agrees with Klein's views. They also share links to other videos where Klein debates Alan Greenspan. One person criticizes the video for pitting a "retarded anti-consumerist radical left wing" against a Nobel Prize winner, while the speaker defends their post as simply being creative and curious about Klein's credibility.
Economist
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Just out of curiousity, does anybody here actually agree with Naomi Klein on anything she says?

If anybody enjoyed that, or if anybody likes Naomi Klein, then here's another interesting video:

Naomi Klein debates Alan Greenspan Part 1: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=380827226868114311&q=alan+greenspan+naomi+klein&total=21&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

Naomi Klein debates Alan Greenspan Part 2: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4152134603057777552&q=alan+greenspan+naomi+klein&total=21&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

Naomi Klein debates Alan Greenspan Part 3: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9052584949456551642&q=alan+greenspan+naomi+klein&total=21&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

Naomi Klein debates Alan Greenspan Part 4: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8457569090515758994&q=alan+greenspan+naomi+klein&total=21&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4

Last edited by a moderator:
So you put a retarded anti-consumerist radical left wing against a nobel prize winner. Nice.

And somehow you're trying to pass this off as "debate" to prove a point? Why don't you make some constructive comments alongside your video links such as "Friedman roolz Klein droolz lol".

opus said:
So you put a retarded anti-consumerist radical left wing against a nobel prize winner. Nice.

And somehow you're trying to pass this off as "debate" to prove a point? Why don't you make some constructive comments alongside your video links such as "Friedman roolz Klein droolz lol".

I just thought it was kinda creative, that's mainly why I posted it. I also was wondering if there was anyone on this forum who actually like Klein. I was under the impression that her books sell fairly well, which made me curious about how many people actually think she's an intelligent and credible source on the topics she discusses. For all I know, many people get informed about the world from idiots like her.

What is the debate between Naomi Klein and Milton Friedman?

The debate between Naomi Klein and Milton Friedman centers around their opposing views on capitalism and the role of government in the economy. Klein argues for a more equitable and regulated system, while Friedman advocates for free market principles and limited government intervention.

Who is Naomi Klein and what is her stance on capitalism?

Naomi Klein is a Canadian author and activist who is critical of capitalism and its impact on social and economic inequality. She argues that the pursuit of profit often comes at the expense of marginalized communities and the environment.

Who is Milton Friedman and what is his stance on capitalism?

Milton Friedman was an American economist and Nobel Laureate who championed free market capitalism and limited government intervention. He believed that government regulation and intervention in the economy often hindered economic growth and individual freedom.

What are some of the key points made by Naomi Klein in the debate?

Klein argues that unregulated capitalism leads to social and economic inequality, as well as environmental degradation. She believes that government should play a larger role in regulating the economy and promoting social justice.

What are some of the key points made by Milton Friedman in the debate?

Friedman believes that free market capitalism is the most efficient and effective system for promoting economic growth and individual freedom. He argues that government intervention in the economy often leads to inefficiency and unintended consequences.