Would you date a girl with tatoos?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Girl
In summary, you would not date a girl because she has a nice house on the inside but an ugly exterior.
I really have to say that what some people SAY, for example right on this forum, gives me a better idea of their personality than some tattoo that I won't give a second thought about. Endlessly expressing a strong opinion over something so trivial as concealed tattoo tells me the one with the strong opinion has bigger issues than the one with the tattoo. It borders on religion in my book. If someone has such a hangup I'd say that THEY are the one with the issue. Given a choice I'd probably opt for no tattoo but a tattoo in a reasonable place on the female body is NOT a dealbreaker for me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
Why do you "gotta live with it?" Again, someone who has long fake nails or painted toe nails is saying something with that choice. They made a choice to have those, and I think it tells something about their personality. Either that they DO value superficial appearance, or perhaps that they are unwilling to do manual work (no point in having long, fake nails if you like digging in the garden for a hobby). To me, those are a sign of someone who likes to indulge in selfish luxury.

Tattoos also send a message, but perhaps just a different one. Someone who chooses to work out a lot and appears highly fit, or who spends a lot of time tanning, or who doesn't bother working out or eating right and gets fat, or who spends a fortune always having a perfect hairstyle, or who just pulls their hair back into a ponytail and wears no makeup each is telling you something about their personality by their choices about their appearance.

I personally only rarely wear any makeup, and usually just pull my hair into a ponytail or just leave it down doing whatever it naturally does, have short nails that are not painted, no tattoos or other body art, sometimes will wear a small piece of jewelry when I have to dress for a special occasion but nothing big or gawdy, and that's who I am and what I want to portray to people. If someone is not attracted by that, and prefers someone who likes to be flashy with big hair, long nails, tons of gaudy jewelry, then we are likely not compatible...that is someone who values outward displays of opulence and probably expects women to sit around and be pretty and not do anything that might break a fingernail or mess up their hair. That's not me. My outward appearance does reflect my inward attitudes and opinions, that's how I advertise myself. I don't believe in false advertising, dressing up as someone you're not, and then after you hook a guy, suddenly you stop wearing make-up and doing yourself up and he wonders why you've "let yourself go."
I absolutely agree. If a guy wants a high maintenance woman (and some do) they are not for me.

Evo said:
I absolutely agree. If a guy wants a high maintenance woman (and some do) they are not for me.
High maintenance doesn't include having a few hemostats and some surgical suture at the ready? :biggrin:

Averagesupernova said:
I really have to say that what some people SAY, for example right on this forum, gives me a better idea of their personality than some tattoo that I won't give a second thought about. Endlessly expressing a strong opinion over something so trivial as concealed tattoo tells me the one with the strong opinion has bigger issues than the one with the tattoo. It borders on religion in my book. If someone has such a hangup I'd say that THEY are the one with the issue. Given a choice I'd probably opt for no tattoo but a tattoo in a reasonable place on the female body is NOT a dealbreaker for me.
And if that's what you are comfortable with, fine. I don't know why you're getting so worked up that other people view it differently. That leaves a lot more tattooed women available for you if that is attractive or unimportant to you. Surely there is something that WOULD be a dealbreaker for you, and may not be for someone else. If everyone could be attracted to anyone else, it wouldn't be so hard to find a mate, now would it?

NoTime said:
High maintenance doesn't include having a few hemostats and some surgical suture at the ready? :biggrin:

Yeah, Evo's pretty high maintenance with all the parts she needs repaired. The other kind take care of their own maintenance, they're just expensive to keep installing the aftermarket add-ons. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Why do you "gotta live with it?" Again, someone who has long fake nails or painted toe nails is saying something with that choice. They made a choice to have those, and I think it tells something about their personality. Either that they DO value superficial appearance, or perhaps that they are unwilling to do manual work (no point in having long, fake nails if you like digging in the garden for a hobby).
My niece (with the small of the back floral tattoo) does not do any nail stuff at all and she keeps a vegetable garden, as we do. Last year, we had a bumper crop of apples off the largest of our trees and she and her two youngest girls came and picked at least a bushel of apples to preserve for winter. Anybody who wants to disrespect her based on her decision to get a tattoo might end up with a fat lip if they want to lip off around me. I'm a dedicated pacifist, but I can't see people that I love subjected to verbal abuse without responding.

DaveC426913 said:
:approve: I thought the same thing too, and was tempted to comment on it. I think there's an unspoken component to that argument:

"...if she's hot enough".

Because I don't care nearly enough to base my judgement about them, or to think they are unattractive because of it. You don't have to, but I am not going to go around telling my girlfriend she can't paint her nails or get a tattoo or I will dump her. If I am with a girl, then I like her enough that those tiny things are non issues to me respectfully.

To me it is kind of like not choosing a president because of some petty non issue like if they smoked cigarets. You could argue smoking is dumb so they must be dumb, but in the end your the one who is short changed for making such a petty thing more important that things that really matter.

Averagesupernova said:

Well, that's you. You are you and I am me. Not everyones like you.

Soooooooooo I did a nice little experiment today!

I was at the mall and the girl at the shoe store had tattos HEAD to TOE...LITERALLY. I grabbed her arm while she was ringing me up and yanked her toward me over the counter and asked her about her tattoos. How many she has, why she did it, how do they fill it in, do they do it all at once... She said she's been working on it for 6 years, and the ones on her neck hurt but so did near the ribs.

Then I was at HOOTERS later at night and I saw our blonde waitress (wait it gets better, I know I KNOW), had a light tattoo on the inside of her wrist. I asked her what it said, she said, quite angrily, "its my ex-boyfriends name..."

AHAHHAHAHAHAH...ahhhhhhhhh...yeah still a deal breaker.

Oh, and I also so a flock of girls with bright neon orange toe nail polish as well. PASS.

I love sterotypes, they always hold true.

TR345 said:
Because I don't care nearly enough to base my judgement about them, or to think they are unattractive because of it. You don't have to, but I am not going to go around telling my girlfriend she can't paint her nails or get a tattoo or I will dump her. If I am with a girl, then I like her enough that those tiny things are non issues to me respectfully.

To me it is kind of like not choosing a president because of some petty non issue like if they smoked cigarets. You could argue smoking is dumb so they must be dumb, but in the end your the one who is short changed for making such a petty thing more important that things that really matter.

Oh, Id dump her like a hot-cake if she got a tattoo. Its like if she decided to take up smoking. Bye byeeeeeeeee.

I don't like girls that trash their bodies.

turbo-1 said:
My niece (with the small of the back floral tattoo) does not do any nail stuff at all and she keeps a vegetable garden, as we do. Last year, we had a bumper crop of apples off the largest of our trees and she and her two youngest girls came and picked at least a bushel of apples to preserve for winter. Anybody who wants to disrespect her based on her decision to get a tattoo might end up with a fat lip if they want to lip off around me. I'm a dedicated pacifist, but I can't see people that I love subjected to verbal abuse without responding.

Relax, no one is talking about your niece except you.

Cyrus said:
Oh, Id dump her like a hot-cake if she got a tattoo. Its like if she decided to take up smoking. Bye byeeeeeeeee.

Then I guess you've never really liked any girls? What kind of girls do you date? Are you really controlling in a relationship?

moose said:
Then I guess you've never really liked any girls? What kind of girls do you date? Are you really controlling in a relationship?

I lock her in a closet and beat her...MUHAAHHAHAh...

Simple girls who keep themselves looking clean, take care of their body, and care about putting some knowledge in that pretty head of theirs. And talks in a sensible tone. I cannot stand the teremendous volume I see women talking in these days. YAP YAP YAP OMG YAP YAP YAP! Its about having some grace...and I don't like girls that drink themselves stupid.

I think I've knocked down about 80% of the women in my area with this short list alone.

Im not sure how you got 'controlling' out of a list of qualifications for a position that needs filling. Hiyooooooo.

Last edited:
Cyrus said:
I lock her in a closet and beat her...MUHAAHHAHAh...

Simple girls who keep themselves looking clean, take care of their body, and care about putting some knowledge in that pretty head of theirs. And talks in a sensible tone. I cannot stand the teremendous volume I see women talking in these days. YAP YAP YAP OMG YAP YAP YAP! Its about having some grace...and I don't like girls that drink themselves stupid.

I think I've knocked down about 80% of the women in my area with this short list alone.

Im not sure how you got 'controlling' out of a list of qualifications for a position that needs filling. Hiyooooooo.

I completely understand your list, that is what probably 95% of people on this site would say as well (including me).

I can't wrap my head around you saying that you would dump a girl instantly if she were to get a tattoo. Even if you were nearly in love with her, you would get rid of her?

Cyrus said:

I was at the mall and the girl at the shoe store had tattos HEAD to TOE...LITERALLY. I grabbed her arm while she was ringing me up and yanked her toward me over the counter and asked her about her tattoos. How many she has, why she did it, how do they fill it in, do they do it all at once... She said she's been working on it for 6 years, and the ones on her neck hurt but so did near the ribs.

Then I was at HOOTERS later at night and I saw our blonde waitress (wait it gets better, I know I KNOW), had a light tattoo on the inside of her wrist. I asked her what it said, she said, quite angrily, "its my ex-boyfriends name..."

AHAHHAHAHAHAH...ahhhhhhhhh...yeah still a deal breaker.

Oh, and I also so a flock of girls with bright neon orange toe nail polish as well. PASS.

Wow... One that works at the mall and one that works at Hooters. Quite a cross section of the female population there.

BobG said:
Well, I'd prefer:

Cincinnati Royals 4ever
Kansas City Kings 4ever
Omaha/Kansas City Kings 4ever
Sacramento Kings 4ever

I always felt sorry for that guy in the 1996 Cleveland Browns photo that had a Broncos tatoo clearly visible. Browns fans hate the Broncos.

If she was old enough to have a NY Giants or a Brooklyn Dodgers tatoo, I probably wouldn't be interested.

In other words, tatooing a sports team on your body is a really dumb idea (unless it's a tatoo of the only NBA team to be founded in California - that would be cool.)

DaveC426913 said:
Uh. I think I'd be turned off enough if she were sleeping with one sports team. If she were sleeping with four sports teams, well... I guess they'd have to invent a new term for that.

It's the same sports team. It just moved around a lot.

A little like Cyrus's waitress that had her ex-boyfriend's name tatooed on her arm. Considering about 50% of marriages end in divorce, it's not a smart decision to tatoo your spouse's name on your body, let alone a boyfriend or girlfriend.

Cyrus said:

Things change, including you and the things you desire. You'd like the stupid things you've done in your past to be a little more subdued than a tatoo. You have to look really close to see the stupid things I've done - the line running lengthwise on my finger because I stuck my hand in lawnmower, the two scars between my index and middle finger where I hung from a fence, a very subtle (and tasteful) scar above my lip from an ice cube fight, etc.

I'm especially proud of how I blended by most recent scar (obtained from cutting onions with one of those Think Geek knives that I learned about here at PF - a permanent reminder of PF that will last me the rest of my life :rofl:) into the creases of my knuckle. If I bend my knuckle as far as it will go, it's easily visible, but it's practically invisible when I lay my hand flat.

Okay, I'm getting as bad as that scene in Jaws. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
And if that's what you are comfortable with, fine. I don't know why you're getting so worked up that other people view it differently. That leaves a lot more tattooed women available for you if that is attractive or unimportant to you. Surely there is something that WOULD be a dealbreaker for you, and may not be for someone else. If everyone could be attracted to anyone else, it wouldn't be so hard to find a mate, now would it?

I'm not the one all worked up about it. Check the number of posts I have in this thread compared to the people that are really worked up. I'd be willing to bet that if I listed a bunch of reasons why I don't like you that you would be listing a whole bunch of reasons why my reasons are irrelevant (if you cared, which you would although you may not admit it). BUT, when it comes to this tattoo issue if things were switched around, which they actually are, then no argument from my side, or Turbo-1's side is good enough. I just think a little self-reflection might do us all a little bit of good. And for the record I don't dislike you moony. I may not agree with what you say, but I don't dislike you.

Moonbear said:
...it wouldn't be so hard to find a mate, now would it?
That's really sticking your neck out on a forum full of science geeks.

Cyrus said:

I'm not quite sure I understood this bit. What was the experiment? What stereotype did you manage to fulfill by talking with this woman? And did you really and literally grab her arm and "yank her toward [you] over the counter"? And if you did, did she backhand you across the head and she properly should have? What kind of obnoxious behaviour is that on your part, Cyrus, to engage in with perfect strangers? And you have the nerve to point at other people and say they have no manners, class, or proper self presentation.

Averagesupernova said:
I'm not the one all worked up about it. Check the number of posts I have in this thread compared to the people that are really worked up. I'd be willing to bet that if I listed a bunch of reasons why I don't like you that you would be listing a whole bunch of reasons why my reasons are irrelevant (if you cared, which you would although you may not admit it). BUT, when it comes to this tattoo issue if things were switched around, which they actually are, then no argument from my side, or Turbo-1's side is good enough. I just think a little self-reflection might do us all a little bit of good. And for the record I don't dislike you moony. I may not agree with what you say, but I don't dislike you.

I don't see anyone else getting all that worked up. Well, there were a few disturbing posts in between...I really dislike the term "tramp stamp" to refer to those lower back tattoos, because regardless of whether I like them or not, I don't think anyone should be calling women "tramps." Even if there were a strong correlation between the tattoo and sexual promiscuity (which I really don't believe there is), that's STILL no reason to call someone a tramp. I don't care if it's "what the kids call it," it's derogatory no matter how I look at it.

That's a different issue than the original question of whether one would date someone with a tattoo. As you pointed out, there's a difference between disagreement and disliking. I have friends who have tattoos, I don't dislike people with tattoos, but I do disagree with them about that choice. Some of them got them simply because they think they are pretty...personally, I know my taste in fashion and art has changed over the years, and likely will continue to change, so what one considers pretty when they are 20-something may not be what they still consider pretty when they are 40-something. The reason seems shallow for such a permanent modification to one's body. One friend's boyfriend has tattoos all over. When you ask him what they mean (they're all Chinese or Japanese characters...he's not even sure which), he doesn't remember. I tease him that they probably read, "Gullible American Kid." This same friend has a tattoo of her own, which is rather large and has a lot of meaning to her and was something she got after a very traumatic incident and was a reaction to that...I have to wonder if she's going to think it was such a good idea in 30 years when she's stuck with a tattoo reminding her of that trauma when she should otherwise be moving on with life, and I have to wonder if she got the tattoo as a poor way of dealing with her grief/shock over the incident, or if having it as a constant reminder might hinder her from ever fully recovering.

I don't dislike any of these people, they're my friends, but we will always disagree on the issue of tattoos. But, I choose friends differently than I choose people I'd date. The reason is that to me, I can have a lot more differences in agreement with friends than I want to have with someone I would consider dating as more than a friend. With dating, I'm looking for prospects for a life long partner. That means we have to agree on a lot more things than someone I just spend a little time with each day or each week. Each of the reasons my friends have tattoos, as varied as they are, do reflect something about their personality that I would find incompatible in a lifelong partner. In the case of the ones who just find them pretty, it isn't compatible with my sense of aesthetics. With the one who can't even remember what the characters mean, it's impulsiveness underlying the choice to get a tattoo (actually, it shows up in other things he does too...tolerable in small doses, but would drive me bonkers if I had to live with that). With the one who has the meaningful tattoo, it seemed to me like an unhealthy reaction to grief, and while I can help a friend through that a little bit, she does need to get some other help in dealing with her grief, and it's not something I could deal with in a partner who would deal with grief in that way (or really, it's more about not dealing with it and finding ways to cover or hide it).

So, again, tattoos advertise something about the person. It doesn't mean I'd dislike them as a person, it just means I wouldn't date them, because what it advertises is not compatible with my approach to life. No different, actually, than someone who really likes tattoos not wanting to date someone who would choose to NEVER get a tattoo...the same issues would work both ways, and indicates an incompatibility for a relationship that requires a higher level of compatibility than "just" friendship. The question wasn't "would you talk to someone with tattoos," it was "would you DATE" them.

Moonbear said:
I don't see anyone else getting all that worked up. Well, there were a few disturbing posts in between...I really dislike the term "tramp stamp" to refer to those lower back tattoos, because regardless of whether I like them or not, I don't think anyone should be calling women "tramps." Even if there were a strong correlation between the tattoo and sexual promiscuity (which I really don't believe there is), that's STILL no reason to call someone a tramp. I don't care if it's "what the kids call it," it's derogatory no matter how I look at it.
Actually, that's one of the nicer things they are referred to as. (a quick google found a list of terms that I can't post here AND they were from a tatoo website). If I decided to get one, being fully aware of the nicknames, I wouldn't be getting upset about it.

The funniest one was "arse antlers", supposedly a common name in Australia. :rofl:

Last edited:
Moonbear I more or less agree with everything you are saying. Especially this part:
No different, actually, than someone who really likes tattoos not wanting to date someone who would choose to NEVER get a tattoo...

But some of the posters on here don't see it that way. You cannot have it both ways when the assumption from the start by said posters is that tattoos are dumb. Right off the bat as soon as the tattoos are dumb statement is out there the comparison you made is irrelevant because in order to be a fair comparison both choices need to be considered equally 'dumb' by both sides. I will admit that in the past I have been very narrowminded on many issues including tattoos. My opinions would have been similar to Cyrus'. But as we grow older some of us realize that there is something wrong with everyone and we need to pick our battles.
-
One little inconspicous tattoo doesn't really say a whole lot about ones personality. A tattoo on the face or something like that most certainly does. And if it takes a tattoo on someones face to clue another person in on their personality then they are lacking some serious social skills. A blind person could figure it out pretty quickly.

Hurkyl said:
:confused: All physical beauty does is get me to notice a girl -- but I, for one, have absolutely no interest in hitting on a total stranger. And since physical beauty is mostly irrelevant once you know a girl's personality, I really don't understand your point of view.

You`re joking right?

It gets you to notice the girl and hence want to know her personality. Sounds pretty darn important to me.

Sorry, but I won`t stay with a girl that was pretty then went ugly. And yes, I said that to all the girls I`ve dated.

Her attractiveness was a key reason why I am with her. Like Hurkyl said, got me to notice her.

Averagesupernova said:
You cannot have it both ways when the assumption from the start by said posters is that tattoos are dumb. Right off the bat as soon as the tattoos are dumb statement is out there the comparison you made is irrelevant because in order to be a fair comparison both choices need to be considered equally 'dumb' by both sides.
I don't understand this, are you saying that a person cannot hold the opinion that tatoos are dumb? I think they're dumb, I think self scarification and mutilation is also dumb. Obviously there are people that don't think they are dumb. People are voicing personal opinions here, of course you are going to have both positive and negative opinions as a result. My oldest daughter doesn't think tatoos are dumb, at least not arse antlers, my youngest daughter does.

The more I think about it, I think it would be hysterical to get some antlers tatooed on my lower back and really have arse antlers. Since it is unlikely that anyone aside from an EMT or the undertaker will ever see them... At least I could give someone a good laugh as my final goodbye. :tongue:

I don't go around telling people with tatoos that I would never consider doing it, what they do is none of my business. But this thread is asking for an opinion, and people are giving them. :smile:

Last edited:
Moonbear said:

That's a different issue than the original question of whether one would date someone with a tattoo. As you pointed out, there's a difference between disagreement and disliking. I have friends who have tattoos, I don't dislike people with tattoos, but I do disagree with them about that choice. Some of them got them simply because they think they are pretty...personally, I know my taste in fashion and art has changed over the years, and likely will continue to change, so what one considers pretty when they are 20-something may not be what they still consider pretty when they are 40-something. The reason seems shallow for such a permanent modification to one's body. One friend's boyfriend has tattoos all over. When you ask him what they mean (they're all Chinese or Japanese characters...he's not even sure which), he doesn't remember. I tease him that they probably read, "Gullible American Kid." This same friend has a tattoo of her own, which is rather large and has a lot of meaning to her and was something she got after a very traumatic incident and was a reaction to that...I have to wonder if she's going to think it was such a good idea in 30 years when she's stuck with a tattoo reminding her of that trauma when she should otherwise be moving on with life, and I have to wonder if she got the tattoo as a poor way of dealing with her grief/shock over the incident, or if having it as a constant reminder might hinder her from ever fully recovering.

I don't dislike any of these people, they're my friends, but we will always disagree on the issue of tattoos. But, I choose friends differently than I choose people I'd date. The reason is that to me, I can have a lot more differences in agreement with friends than I want to have with someone I would consider dating as more than a friend. With dating, I'm looking for prospects for a life long partner. That means we have to agree on a lot more things than someone I just spend a little time with each day or each week. Each of the reasons my friends have tattoos, as varied as they are, do reflect something about their personality that I would find incompatible in a lifelong partner. In the case of the ones who just find them pretty, it isn't compatible with my sense of aesthetics. With the one who can't even remember what the characters mean, it's impulsiveness underlying the choice to get a tattoo (actually, it shows up in other things he does too...tolerable in small doses, but would drive me bonkers if I had to live with that). With the one who has the meaningful tattoo, it seemed to me like an unhealthy reaction to grief, and while I can help a friend through that a little bit, she does need to get some other help in dealing with her grief, and it's not something I could deal with in a partner who would deal with grief in that way (or really, it's more about not dealing with it and finding ways to cover or hide it).

So, again, tattoos advertise something about the person. It doesn't mean I'd dislike them as a person, it just means I wouldn't date them, because what it advertises is not compatible with my approach to life. No different, actually, than someone who really likes tattoos not wanting to date someone who would choose to NEVER get a tattoo...the same issues would work both ways, and indicates an incompatibility for a relationship that requires a higher level of compatibility than "just" friendship. The question wasn't "would you talk to someone with tattoos," it was "would you DATE" them.

Nice post.

I don`t see what is wrong with sexual promiscuity. Most of the bad terms of girls are used from guys who can`t get girls (and of course, girls who hate those girls). Guys who actually have confidence and date girls don`t actually disrespect girls in such a childish way. Hence, probably why these guys date girls and why the others don`t.

GeorginaS said:
I'm not quite sure I understood this bit. What was the experiment? What stereotype did you manage to fulfill by talking with this woman? And did you really and literally grab her arm and "yank her toward [you] over the counter"? And if you did, did she backhand you across the head and she properly should have? What kind of obnoxious behaviour is that on your part, Cyrus, to engage in with perfect strangers? And you have the nerve to point at other people and say they have no manners, class, or proper self presentation.

Why would she smack him? He showed curiosity in what seems to be her passion. Girls, and people alike, enjoy that.

moose said:
I can't wrap my head around you saying that you would dump a girl instantly if she were to get a tattoo. Even if you were nearly in love with her, you would get rid of her?

Well, of course that's different. But its also purely hypothetical.

BobG said:
It's the same sports team. It just moved around a lot.

A little like Cyrus's waitress that had her ex-boyfriend's name tatooed on her arm. Considering about 50% of marriages end in divorce, it's not a smart decision to tatoo your spouse's name on your body, let alone a boyfriend or girlfriend.

Things change, including you and the things you desire. You'd like the stupid things you've done in your past to be a little more subdued than a tatoo. You have to look really close to see the stupid things I've done - the line running lengthwise on my finger because I stuck my hand in lawnmower, the two scars between my index and middle finger where I hung from a fence, a very subtle (and tasteful) scar above my lip from an ice cube fight, etc.

I'm especially proud of how I blended by most recent scar (obtained from cutting onions with one of those Think Geek knives that I learned about here at PF - a permanent reminder of PF that will last me the rest of my life :rofl:) into the creases of my knuckle. If I bend my knuckle as far as it will go, it's easily visible, but it's practically invisible when I lay my hand flat.

Okay, I'm getting as bad as that scene in Jaws. :rolleyes:

You stuck your hand in a LAWNMOWER!?

GeorginaS said:

Yes, I did grab her arm and yank her. And she happily explained all her tattoos to me. I know how to talk to women, don't worry about me.

GeorginaS said:

JasonRox said:
Why would she smack him? He showed curiosity in what seems to be her passion. Girls, and people alike, enjoy that.

You mean, like Cyrus, you also think that grabbing a stranger by the arm and yanking her is showing curiosity? Demonstrating an interest? I think it's rude and unacceptable behaviour.

Cyrus said:

Only a little bit to clean a grass clump from the chute ... and I kept my fingers parallel to the blades just in case I misjudged it. Putting my fingers in perpendicular to the blades would have been stupid. :uhh:

Cyrus said:

Hmmm, interesting. You considered hanging from a fence by the skin between your fingers normal.

What kind of people do you hang around with?:rofl:

I think getting tatoos is similar to sticking your hand in a lawn mower. It's generally a bad idea.

That doesn't mean you never do it. It means a person really ought to think carefully about it first.

In other words, I wouldn't rule out dating a person with a tatoo. It's just that most of the people that get tatoos would also be short sighted enough to scoop out the grass clumps from their lawnmower with their fingers perpendicular to the blade.

A person getting a tatoo ought to at least be sure they can minimize the damage if they change their minds about it later.

I would never not date a guy because he had tattoos, it would just depend on the guy. Within reason of course, a few are ok but by no means do I find being covered in ink attractive. Many of my family members have tattoos and they are all great people. One of my favorite cousins is very artistic and has designed every tattoo she has and they are pretty neat. I don't see myself ever getting one though, I have nothing against them I just don't think I would ever find something I wanted forever.

GeorginaS said:
You mean, like Cyrus, you also think that grabbing a stranger by the arm and yanking her is showing curiosity? Demonstrating an interest? I think it's rude and unacceptable behaviour.

<Shrug> Okay </Shrug>

What you think is not what's reality.

No, they're right. Grabbing a stranger's arm when they're not expecting it would be unacceptable. But physical contact while flirting/building rapport is pretty normal. So long as its not aggressive or violent in any way. If its unwanted most people would let you know.

Cyrus said:
<Shrug> Okay </Shrug>

What you think is not what's reality.

If a total stranger grabbed my arm and pulled me by it, he'd be lucky if I didn't call the cops, let alone cause serious bodily injury to get free of his grip. Sorry, but that part was incredibly rude, and I don't know why she was even willing to talk to you after that. It's one thing to show curiosity about her tattoos by asking about them and another to grab her arm uninvited.

Sigh, I didnt just walk up to her and grab her arm. No cops were called, and no one was slapped. Why? Because its not what you do, but how you do things when interacting with other people. She was totally cool as a cucumber.

Perhaps yanked was too strong of a word. I didnt yank her, as in 'grab her arm and fling her' towards me. It was a gentle tug.

I agree had I YANKEEEEEEEEEEED someone randomly, that would be quite rude.

But its ok, we both laughed and then got each others names written across our foreheads.

Last edited: