VOTE Photo Contest - Fun In The Sun

In summary, the conversation discusses a photo contest with a theme of summer fun. Despite the time of year, there were surprisingly few submissions. However, the group of photos is still good. The participants are encouraged to vote for the photo that best captures the spirit of having fun in the sun. There is a discussion about the vivid colors in one of the photos and the closeness of the voting. One participant expresses regret for not knowing about the contest earlier. The conversation ends with the poll being closed.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Fun in the Sun

• matthyaouw

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • fuzzyfelt

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • hypatia

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
A surprisingly small number of photos submitted for a theme that is right smack in the middle of the summer months here in the northern hemisphere. Still, we have a good group of photos. Please choose a photo that best depicts the spirit of having fun in the sun.

1. matthyaouw
2641037715_62f9e6a984.jpg

2. fuzzyfelt
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8292/p4060079vz7.jpg

3. hypatia
kidtoss.jpg

4. ZapperZ
img7680kk4.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=243514"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ahahhaha I love it ZZ !

The colours in matthyaouw's picture are so vivid they almost don't appear real. I realize they are real, and it's a great shot, I'm just saying. Vivid.

You have less than 2 days left to cast a vote in this contest. It is VERY close, so every vote counts.

Zz.

GeorginaS said:
The colours in matthyaouw's picture are so vivid they almost don't appear real. I realize they are real, and it's a great shot, I'm just saying. Vivid.

that's true. good point. i like fuzzyfelt's one though - it is like capturing exactly the best millisecond! good job

With less than a day left in our voting, all 4 photos are separated by just one vote! This is going to be close till the very end.

Zz.

Dang, too bad I didn't know about these contests. I had a good one... Good photos!

hmmm...I'm late again! The poll is closed.:devil:

What is the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Fun In The Sun"?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Fun In The Sun" is a photography competition organized by the science organization "VOTE PF" to promote the importance of sun protection and raise awareness about the potential risks of excessive sun exposure.

Who can participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Fun In The Sun"?

The contest is open to everyone, regardless of age, nationality, or photography skill level. We encourage anyone who is interested in sun protection and photography to participate.

What are the criteria for submitting a photo to the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Fun In The Sun"?

The photo must feature a person or people engaging in a fun outdoor activity while practicing sun protection measures, such as wearing sunscreen or protective clothing. The photo must also be original and not previously published.

How are the winners chosen for the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Fun In The Sun"?

A panel of judges, consisting of experts in both photography and sun protection, will evaluate the submissions based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme. The top three photos will be selected as the winners.

What are the prizes for the winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Fun In The Sun"?

The first-place winner will receive a cash prize of $500, the second-place winner will receive $300, and the third-place winner will receive $200. All winners will also have their photos featured on the VOTE PF website and social media channels.