How i can make my questions not show on google

• Thread starter yjk91
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of public questions and answers on a physics forum being easily accessible through Google search. The speaker argues that this is beneficial as it allows the information to be a resource for anyone interested in physics, rather than just the person who asked the question. They also suggest using the "site:" operator on Google for more effective searching.
yjk91
I was wondering how i can make my questions not show on google. Because it seems that other people can view my questions and answers when googled.

Physics news on Phys.org

why would you not want google to show your questions? teacher checking up on whether you are doing the work yourself?

yjk91 said:
it seems that other people can view my questions and answers when googled.

I wouldn't have it any other way. An answer to a question posted on PF is a resource for anyone who is interested in physics, not just for the person who asked the question originally. If you want private answers, arrange for private tutoring.

Also, Google search with the "site:" operator, e.g.

relativistic mass site:physicsforum.com

is a much more effective way of searching PF than PF's own forum search function is.

1. How can I prevent my questions from showing up on Google search results?

To prevent your questions from showing up on Google search results, you can use the "noindex" meta tag in the HTML code of your website. This will instruct search engines not to index your page, which means it won't appear in search results.

2. Can I make my questions not show on Google without affecting other pages on my website?

Yes, you can use the "noindex" meta tag on specific pages or sections of your website without affecting other pages. This allows you to control which pages you want to show up on search results and which ones you want to keep hidden.

3. Will using the "noindex" meta tag affect my website's SEO?

Using the "noindex" meta tag will not directly affect your website's SEO. However, it is important to use it wisely and only on pages that you do not want to show up on search results. If used incorrectly, it could potentially harm your SEO.

4. Are there other ways to prevent my questions from showing up on Google?

Yes, there are other ways to prevent your questions from showing up on Google. You can also use the "robots.txt" file to block search engines from indexing specific pages or directories on your website. Additionally, you can use the "noindex" HTTP header to prevent indexing.

5. How long does it take for my questions to be removed from Google search results?

It can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for your questions to be removed from Google search results after using the "noindex" meta tag. This is because search engines need time to re-crawl and update their index. If you need the questions to be removed urgently, you can use the "remove outdated content" tool in Google Search Console.