What's the Good News to Cheer You Up?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    News
In summary: I am cruel, i know :(In summary, Andre got great news that he is off work tomorrow and will be able to spend some time with his family. He also mentioned that he has a large collection of beer cups.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I need to hear some good news stories to cheer me up, so what good news do you have?

Physics news on Phys.org
You're well-loved on PF *virtual hug* !

Thanks Wolram. I needed a place to put this and you have provided it.

I and the family went to Maine this long Thanksgiving weekend. We were greeted by Turbo-1 when we got there. We only saw the coastal area which is spectacular. The beaches are fine to look at and probably are good for swimming in the summer. I recommend the town of York in particular, but there are other beaches as well. The weather was surprisingly warm, but it rained all day Friday and all day today as we wended our way back home. We got as far north as Bar Harbor which is a kind of resort, but was closed for the season. It was something of a disappointment that we were unable to see Acadia National Park as it was closed for the season as well. The lobsters are sweet, delicious, and cheap. A good time was had by all.

i managed to give away my last two kittens today. seems no one wants the male ones (afraid of spraying), but i a guy with lots of land wanted them, and they'll be able to take shelter from the weather in his basement, so all is good.

I have been deemed fully disabled by Social Security, after years of not being able to earn a living. For someone that has worked full-time (as much as possible - summers and all vacations) from the age of 14, it has been crushing to have relied on my wife's income only, the last few years.

I would rather work, but if I can pull back some of the $$$$$ that I have paid over the decades to get a little income, that's good.

Thanks Lisab, a hug is worth a thousand words :biggrin: Jimmy it must have been an experience meeting Turbo, did he feed you?

I got a blowy the other night

I woke up this morning.

On time.

wolram said:
Jimmy it must have been an experience meeting Turbo, did he feed you?
We spoke on the phone. He fed me information.

neu said:
I got a blowy the other night

I guess a blowy is a hair do?

wolram said:
I guess a blowy is a hair do?

Well in a "There's Something About Mary" kind of way yes.

A friend said "thank you" to me.

Andre said:
A friend said "thank you" to me.

There must be a story behind this?

wolram said:
There must be a story behind this?

in a "There's Something About Mary" kind of way, yes?

Proton Soup said:
in a "There's Something About Mary" kind of way, yes?

Go on then, i have to ask who Mary is i guess.

Something About Mary[/url] is a movie. But no, that's not the story. It's much more down to earth. I'm a collector. Some are collecting stamps, others are collecting money. I'm collecting thank-you's for some reason, so it's good news gettimg another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
We broke our record at work! :biggrin:

My cat can now eat something besides Friskies Shredded Beef. She had a bad food allergy but seems to be outgrowing it.

mcknia07 said:
We broke our record at work! :biggrin:

What record would that be?

Andre said:
Something About Mary[/url] is a movie. But no, that's not the story. It's much more down to earth. I'm a collector. Some are collecting stamps, others are collecting money. I'm collecting thank-you's for some reason, so it's good news gettimg another one.

Thank you Andre.

Last edited by a moderator:
I woke up on time today as well.

And I'm not terribly sleepy!

wolram said:
What record would that be?

We did, I think, 557 prescriptions, in a 12 hour day! :biggrin:

mcknia07 said:
We did, I think, 557 prescriptions, in a 12 hour day! :biggrin:
Hell! I can take more drugs than that! Your clients are slackers.

turbo-1 said:
Hell! I can take more drugs than that! Your clients are slackers.

Yeah, I know, we could have done more, a lot more...didn't see much of the money, though, too many people on welfare!

i got great news! I am off tomorrow, my semester ends early next week and my parents are going to florida for a week and leaving me with the house :D woooooT

PaRtY!

mcknia07 said:
PaRtY!

maybe a small one. if some idiot i don't really knows messes with my sh!t, i would probably break both of his hands. so just a small one with some friends... and 1000 cup beer pong with some wild cups :D

What if a girl messes with your crap, what will you do to her? lol...1,000 cup, holy crap, that's alot! beer pong=bad lol

mcknia07 said:
What if a girl messes with your crap, what will you do to her? lol...1,000 cup, holy crap, that's alot! beer pong=bad lol

i wouldn't hit a girl unless she was like, shooting at me or coming at me with a knife. I am cruel, i know :(

well its not really 1000 cups. i have a really big dining room table. were going to fill it end to end in a pyramid instead of the 3-2-1. it will be something like 15-14-13-12-n lol. but not all beer(i hate beer) have some wild cups in there. some jack, assorted vodka and rum just for some fun. no one knows what's what so if you get it in, theyre gettin rocked! :)

offtheleft said:
i wouldn't hit a girl unless she was like, shooting at me or coming at me with a knife. I am cruel, i know :(

well its not really 1000 cups. i have a really big dining room table. were going to fill it end to end in a pyramid instead of the 3-2-1. it will be something like 15-14-13-12-n lol. but not all beer(i hate beer) have some wild cups in there. some jack, assorted vodka and rum just for some fun. no one knows what's what so if you get it in, theyre gettin rocked! :)

You're bad! Trying to see all your friends get WaStEd! And them not know what it is, til they drink it, lol. I've never heard it played like that.

mcknia07 said:
You're bad! Trying to see all your friends get WaStEd! And them not know what it is, til they drink it, lol. I've never heard it played like that.

well we all knows its going on, i would never intentionally hurt my friends. it was someone else's idea anyway, i just thought it sounded good hah. ill post the before and after pictures hahahahahahaha :)

other than that, imo work A LOT! i want that new carrrrrrrr.

offtheleft said:
well we all knows its going on, i would never intentionally hurt my friends. it was someone else's idea anyway, i just thought it sounded good hah. ill post the before and after pictures hahahahahahaha :)

other than that, imo work A LOT! i want that new carrrrrrrr.

Yes, pictures are always good :biggrin:

What kinda car?

mcknia07 said:
Yes, pictures are always good :biggrin:

What kinda car?

an r32, gli or one of the limited edition gtis(20th or 337)

this: r32, has almost the same body style as the gti. but, i want BLUE!#@#%@%@
2597071881_daa514624a_b.jpg

2631766750_2bbf3bb953_b.jpg

or, the gli jetta:
1_23_05_08_9_21_1426.jpg

:!):cool:

What's with the shocker on the red car? lol

The Jetta is way hotter :!)

mcknia07 said:
What's with the shocker on the red car? lol

The Jetta is way hotter :!)

i don't know but i want that sticker! that or the dane cook SU-FI! hahaha. but, I am learning more towards the r32 although the jetta would be nice. well see how much i have saved, how big of a loan i can get and how much the parents are willing to compensate while I am schoolin it up away from home next year.