Can anybody recommend a book for electrical engineering?

In summary, two books were recommended for learning about electrical engineering and circuit diagrams: "AoE" and "Electrical Engineering: Principles and Applications" by Allan Hambley. The first book was described as a comprehensive guide, while the second was suggested as a more beginner-friendly option. Both books were highly praised and recommended for those interested in electronics.
jderm
can anybody recommend a book for electrical engineering? i want to learn all the components and be able to read a circuit diagram.
something like this (geiger-counter)
http://www.imagesco.com/articles/geiger/schematicl.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org

I agree, Horowitz and Hill's Art of Electronics is much revered by electronics professionals and students.

While Art of Electronics is probably the best book I have read so far ( in electronics), it might prove to be a little dry and tricky for a novice. I would suggest starting with "Electrical Engineering :Principles and Applications" by Allan Hambley. Once you are comfortable with concepts you can move on to AoE.

---------------------------------------------
www.digitalblggr.blogspot.com

1. What are some good introductory books for electrical engineering?

Some popular introductory books for electrical engineering include "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Charles K. Alexander and Matthew N.O. Sadiku, "Electric Circuits" by James W. Nilsson and Susan A. Riedel, and "Principles of Electric Circuits" by Thomas L. Floyd.

2. Are there any books specifically for beginners with no prior knowledge of electrical engineering?

Yes, there are several books geared towards beginners with no prior knowledge of electrical engineering. Some examples include "Electrical Engineering 101" by Darren Ashby, "Getting Started in Electronics" by Forrest M. Mims III, and "Electricity Demystified" by Stan Gibilisco.

3. Are there any books that cover both theory and practical applications in electrical engineering?

Yes, many books in electrical engineering cover both theory and practical applications. Some popular titles include "Electrical Engineering: Principles & Applications" by Allan R. Hambley, "Electric Machinery and Power System Fundamentals" by Stephen J. Chapman, and "Practical Electronics for Inventors" by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk.

4. Can you recommend any books for advanced topics in electrical engineering?

For advanced topics in electrical engineering, some recommended books include "Modern Power System Analysis" by D. P. Kothari and I. J. Nagrath, "Introduction to Electric Power Systems" by Mohamed E. El-Hawary, and "Microelectronic Circuits" by Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith.

5. Are there any books that cover specific areas of electrical engineering, such as electronics or power systems?

Yes, there are many books that focus on specific areas of electrical engineering. "Power Electronics: Converters, Applications, and Design" by Ned Mohan, "Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory" by Robert L. Boylestad and Louis Nashelsky, and "Electric Power Systems: A Conceptual Introduction" by Alexandra von Meier are popular choices for electronics, while "Power System Analysis and Design" by J. Duncan Glover, Thomas J. Overbye, and Mulukutla S. Sarma focuses on power systems.