How can I display page numbers and total number of pages in PowerPoint?

In summary, the speaker is asking for help to display the page number and total number of pages in PowerPoint. They have tried using the header/footer option, but it only displays the current page number instead of the desired format of "current page/total pages." They are wondering if there is an option in the header/footer section that they are missing.
lavster
hi, this will be really simple but i can't work out how to display the page number/total number of pages in power point. by this i mean that, for example if my presentation is five pages long and I am on the 2nd page it will show 2/5 in the bottom right hand corner. i can display just the page numbers but i think it would be better in this format so that i and the audience no how far there is to go! can anyone tell me how to do this please?

thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
If you go to View Header/Footer, there are little snippets you can include for auto-page number and total pages, date, author, etc.

In Office 2007+ I'm almost certain that you have to go through a Slide Master to view the footers though.

hi thanks for the quick reply! however, i had tried that before but instead of giving eg 2/5 it jst gives the current page number (eg 2). i want the total page number to show as well. is there an option like that that i am missing in the header footer bit?

1. How do I add page numbers in a PowerPoint presentation?

To add page numbers in PowerPoint, go to the "Insert" tab and click on the "Slide Number" option. This will bring up a window where you can choose the placement and format of your page numbers. Once you have selected your preferences, click "Apply to All" to add page numbers to all of your slides.

2. Can I customize the format of my page numbers in PowerPoint?

Yes, you can customize the format of your page numbers by clicking on the "Slide Number" option in the "Insert" tab and selecting "Format Slide Number". This will allow you to choose from different number formats, such as roman numerals or letters, and adjust the starting number.

3. How do I remove page numbers from specific slides in PowerPoint?

To remove page numbers from specific slides, go to the slide where you want to remove the page number and select "Slide Number" in the "Insert" tab. Uncheck the box next to "Slide Number" in the window that appears, and the page number will be removed from that slide.

4. Can I add page numbers to my PowerPoint slides without including them on the title slide?

Yes, you can add page numbers to your PowerPoint slides without including them on the title slide. In the "Slide Number" window, uncheck the box next to "Don't show on title slide" and the page numbers will be added to all slides except for the title slide.

5. Is it possible to have different page number formats in different sections of a PowerPoint presentation?

Yes, it is possible to have different page number formats in different sections of a PowerPoint presentation. To do this, go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Slide Number". In the "Slide Number" window, select "Apply to selected slides" and choose the section where you want the different page number format to apply. Then, customize the format as desired.