PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.

Originally posted by ScionPunk352
Here is the best picture of me that i could find from the summer of 2003...

wow, so mascular.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hope I did this right.

Echo, it will take a while for your picture to appear -- Greg has to validate every attachment.

- Warren

Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
wow, so mascular.

um, Prudens... 'mascular' is not a word. You may have meant muscular or possibly masculine? Nice (sort of) malaprop, tho! :wink:

I used the browse button at the bottom of the page to put a photo on this msg. Was that the correct way to do it?

Attachments

• 21495109b.jpg
    21495109b.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 946
very recent picture of myself and my soon to be husband...

Last edited:
You make a very handsome couple!

Best wishes to you on your upcoming wedding!

Originally posted by Kerrie
very recent picture of myself and my soon to be husband...

congrats

Is that your member photo MacTech?? you should be proud. :wink:

i'm a dumbass. i just read the name Ben underneath, forget i exist lol.

lol jimmy!

sorry but no, that would be katie holmes and i am a lowly american.

Newbie!

Hi Everyone!

I am relatively new to this forum...but it seems like a great place to be! I wandered around some, and you folk seem like good people :)

I'm also new to physics though. I would love some suggestions on physics books that you experts :wink: would suggest for a novice.

I am very slowly trudging along in A Brief History of Time-- it is facinating, but very difficult to grasp at times. I'm also reading Simple Einstein- Demystifying Relativity...this is not so hard to follow.

Any suggestion you may have for me would be much appreciated.

PS: I hope my pict comes through.

Attachments

• sangeetaheadshotsmall.jpg
    sangeetaheadshotsmall.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,153

Originally posted by Be Happy!
Hi Everyone!

I am relatively new to this forum...but it seems like a great place to be! I wandered around some, and you folk seem like good people :)

I'm also new to physics though. I would love some suggestions on physics books that you experts :wink: would suggest for a novice.

I am very slowly trudging along in A Brief History of Time-- it is facinating, but very difficult to grasp at times. I'm also reading Simple Einstein- Demystifying Relativity...this is not so hard to follow.

Any suggestion you may have for me would be much appreciated.

PS: I hope my pict comes through.

Welcome! Sangeeta! Is that your real name? Then it seems you are also from South Asia :)

Nice to meet you in this forum :)

Be happy "Be Happy" ! :)

Last edited:
Sangita, doesn't that mean musical in Indian? :)

Originally posted by Moni
Welcome! Sangeeta! Is that your real name? Then it seems you are also from South Asia :)

Nice to meet you in this forum :)

Be happy "Be Happy" ! :)

Hi!
Yes, Sangeeta is my real name. My parents are from North India.
With a screen name like Be Happy! how can I not live up to it!

Originally posted by Monique
Sangita, doesn't that mean musical in Indian? :)

Hi Monique! :)

Yes, Sangeeta means music. I am trying to stay true to my name and have recently picked up the sitar!

:smile:

Originally posted by Be Happy!
Hi!
Yes, Sangeeta is my real name. My parents are from North India.
With a screen name like Be Happy! how can I not live up to it!

Then Sangeeta nice to meet you :) I am from your neighbour country Bangladesh! Are you Indian by born? Now stay at abroad for job?

And Monique knows much about India and Hindi...Sangeeta also means "Song" in Bangla...but we call it "Songeet" you may know if you have heard Bangla from Calcuta :)

I just found this great website that offered a free image uploader.

So, here is me:

http://imageuploader.milbrathnet.net/uploads/untitled.bmp

Okay, so I don't usually spike or put gel in my hair, but I'm damn sexy when I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe u first registered as sangeeta & changed to Be happy

& Be Happy on this forum

Originally posted by himanshu121
I believe u first registered as sangeeta & changed to Be happy

& Be Happy on this forum

Hey, how did you know that? ;)

Um...ya I signed in as Sangeeta, but i had email problems and did not get the activation email, so i decided to log in again.

introductions please

Ok I will not post my pic because I am old and ugly.

I came here by accident when searching for help to revise my understanding of 'pi'. Ok ok I am not a nerd and never was. I work construction.

I fiddle about with the odd bit of Mathlogic and have some small painful results- eg never ask a mathematician to explain anything to you! First off you know you don't understand it and second the mathematician thinks he does and will explain his way to you. Can you get that?

Geee

Originally posted by toasty
Ok I will not post my pic because I am old and ugly.
Welcome toasty! You could do like I did and post a picture so small they need a magnifiying glass just to see IF if have legs...
I came here by accident when searching for help to revise my understanding of 'pi'. Ok ok I am not a nerd and never was. I work construction.
Cool! There are many of us here who are not nerds (and we wouldn't ADMIT it it we WERE! )

I fiddle about with the odd bit of Mathlogic and have some small painful results- eg never ask a mathematician to explain anything to you! First off you know you don't understand it and second the mathematician thinks he does and will explain his way to you. Can you get that?

Geee
Can I EVER! I'm married to a physicist - which are closely related to one of those mathematician - types! I've also had my little foray into the String Theory/Loop Quantum Gravity forum -SCARY! They all have their own language - and if you don't know it...well...GOOD LUCK! They're all terrific people - but their synapse connections have very different wiring set ups than mine!
Good luck with your understanding of pi! The only REAL interest I have in pi these days is - BANANA CREME! [:D}

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
I guess I went long enough before putting my picture here.

Anyways, here is a picture of me a year ago (may take while to load due to validation thingamadiddly).

Attachments

• michael2.jpg
    michael2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,089
Last edited:

Originally posted by Tsunami
Welcome toasty! You could do like I did and post a picture so small they need a magnifiying glass just to see IF if have legs...
Cool! There are many of us here who are not nerds (and we wouldn't ADMIT it it we WERE! )

Can I EVER! I'm married to a physicist - which are closely related to one of those mathematician - types! I've also had my little foray into the String Theory/Loop Quantum Gravity forum -SCARY! They all have their own language - and if you don't know it...well...GOOD LUCK! They're all terrific people - but their synapse connections have very different wiring set ups than mine!
Good luck with your understanding of pi! The only REAL interest I have in pi these days is - BANANA CREME! [:D}

Thank You for the welcome. I suspect I shall yet send many a sane Mathamatician or Physicist up the wall.

Motai, great looking picture! :smile:

http://www.lifematesonline.com/member/members/19980_9x10x2003_4x06x27_AM_Image332.jpg

Jesus christ, Monique is hot...Just look at her man! I thought that little snippet next to her name was something...Then I saw the whole picture, holy crap. Seriously, Monique, to hell with biochemistry, start a website, take some sexy pictures, charge outrageous prices...*mummbling* give me the URL...

We really should have a naked photo session going. All men excluded, thank you.

thunder, you aren't the first to say or nor will you be the last!

You guys are crazy, it's júst a picture.. lol, but ok.. I'll give the photographer your kind regards when I get another passphoto taken :wink:

I wonder how many times threats are smeared all over this topic (i.e. you're going to pay for this, you're so dead). I think most of it was due to the GIMPing in the first third of this thread.

Originally posted by Evo
Motai, great looking picture! :smile:

Thanks, I found it lying around somewhere on my desk and decided to scan it in (a pain... its not flatbed and papers get stuck and jammed in it). I probably have more recent pictures around but can't find them.

Be happy just keeps smiling no matter what I do to the pic.

http://home.att.net/~jrabno9/sangeetaheadshotsmall.jpg

Attachments

• sangeetaheadshotsmall.jpg
    sangeetaheadshotsmall.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 762
Originally posted by UltraPi1
Be happy just keeps smiling no matter what I do to the pic.

http://home.att.net/~jrabno9/sangeetaheadshotsmall.jpg

Wow! What am improvement!

Thanks- I owe you one! :wink:

Taken last summer at Disney Land. It's the most recent picture I have on my computer.

http://mimic.recongamer.com/cod/meandsully.jpg (too big of a picture to attach, sorry)

I must say Cod
You fit in well!
http://home.att.net/~jrabno9/meandsullys.jpg